Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Ash's Possible Return in a reboot series

MajorBrendan
MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭✭
100 Answers 1000 Comments 100 Likes 100 Agrees

Maybe it's the end of Ash's road in the anime, maybe it isn't. While I plan to have Ash's journey continue in the main series, I noticed a peculiar internet news article stating that the director will live up to his promise of Ash returning to the anime. With one big catch of course, in order to make him 10 years old, Ash and Pikachu will be placed in a reboot series in the event but these statements are not promises but something to keep a close watch on in the event that he did return to the anime in a reboot series.

As for myself, I plan to have Ash and Pikachu's journey continue in the main series once I work for the Pokemon company that is.

Comments

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers

To be honest I prefer introducing new characters so the writers don't feel pressured to make a story for Ash instead of a story they like.

• MajorBrendan

you'd be surprise that writers would change their minds due to the decision from the majority of the audience.

• UnovanZorua

@MajorBrendan

Still, even though Ash makes more money thanks to fans feeling nostalgia, that does not change how limited a story with Ash is. Find new region, make friends, become strong, and defeat evil team. Maybe win the league if the writers get tired of the old format.

Liko and Roy have made a story that could've never been made with Ash still in it unless it was a movie. Let the writers write what they really think suits the generation and newest game the most and not what fans want.

• MajorBrendan

It's not a matter of getting stronger any more, I plan to insert more of a story Where ash feels a bit more like a hero. Not just getting stronger just to be the very best. I intend to make the story dynamic just as how XY presented in on itself.

By the way, I happen to be a writer.

• UnovanZorua

@MajorBrendan

Still, I think the current writers deserve to make their own stories instead of build on someone else's idea. Since you are a writer, you should understand that. Ash has stayed way longer than he should've in a story about a franchise with multiple regions and generations, and hundreds, maybe thousands of characters. Horizons couldn't have been made with Ash, and the writers are finally making the stories they want to.

• MajorBrendan

Frankly when it comes to Horizons, It wouldn't last 3 whole years gen wise.