Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Why can i only get Pokemon 151 cards...but everyone else has everything?

I just started, just created an account. Gold is uselss, credits are useless..but i can use purple currency to get pokemon 151 packs. THats all i can get? but on my first ranked match it keeps pairing me against top players with a million different sets. How...why is this app set up like this?

Answers

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

Because by design the game is encouraging you to buy real life booster packs for the digital booster codes. Core expansions offer boosters through the battle pass (151 is more of an intermission set), and you can toggle to view all expansions if you want boosters from a specific one in the shop, as well as trade credits for individual cards, but yes, the matchmaking for ranked isn't particularly great. You'll usually be matched with someone close to the same rank but it doesn't really scale for player skill.

• Baulder
    Baulder Member Posts: 32
    10 Comments 5 Agrees Name Dropper Photogenic

@Garabedian772 No, you can use purple crystals to purchase way more than 151 boosters. Have you even tried to click the stuff on screen? It even give you visual clue by popping up as hint that you can click it. You somehow made it to the expansions tab in the shop after all, since you are talking about 151 packs

Just give it a try. Click on the Scarler&Violet 151 logo and it will open the selection of every expansion and that is available in PTCGL.

You can even exchange crystals for bundles from way back to November 2019.