Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

The holo effect on full art cards needs to be improved

Options
jon11w
jon11w Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
5 Agrees First Anniversary First Comment 5 LOLs

One of the glaring visual issues in the game currently is the holo effect applied to full art and secret rare cards. This effect is quite frankly horrible and really ruins the appearance of the rarer, more prestigious cards in the game.

The type of cards that I'm describing include:

• Full art trainer cards
  • Alternate art V Pokémon
  • Secret rare cards released prior to the SWSH block

The holo effect on these cards is way over the top and completely detracts from the look of the cards.

In general the cards in this game look amazing - crisp and clear interpretations of their real counterparts. An update to these full art cards, which many people aspire to own in their collection, would be much appreciated by many.

Even simply removing the holo effect would be a big upgrade, especially on the older Secret Rare cards.

Comments

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Maybe just my personal opinion, but I prefer the way Full art trainers and alternate art Pokémon V looks in this game.

It makes the cards look a lot more lively, unlike PTCGO where i always felt they look really unimpressive.

The only ones i don't like in PTCGL are old Secret rares (vertical effects don't work as well as diagonal effects) and full Art pokémon V (The effect in general doesn't merge well with the colors)

• ZenonBerlin
    ZenonBerlin Member Posts: 28
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

I personally feel like it is often distracting and just uncomfortable. I wish there was an option to make holo cards being static. The effects are too mcuh for me.

• userguy720
    userguy720 Member Posts: 7
    5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Finally it has been brought up, me and my friends have been annoyed about the bad and way too overpowering holo effect on so many cards among us for months now.

If you look at holos in PTCGO, you can tell that there is a difference between the holo patterns of different cards. For example for Inteleon from sword and shield there is a non holo, a normal holo with horizontal holo effect (in online), a reverse holo (with the nice reverse holo effect not just standard holo effect smooshed over), galaxy holo with the little dots holo effect and then lastly league promo inteleon.

Another example is older sun and moon holos, which have a clearly different holo pattern that looks like waves instead of the horizontal lines found on most sword and shield holos.

These cards are clearly differentiated by their holo designs and i would really love to see these holo designs make it into PTCG Live at some point.