Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

How are Fairy-types used in TCG play?

Options

I have some older cards, and I'm about to start running casual games at my local game store with my excess of cards, and I wondered if anyone knew how Fairy-types were used in game now that the newer ones have been merged into Psychic type. Are they just not legal anymore? Or do you treat them as Psychic? Same question with energy/attack usage, are you able to use Psychic-type energy on pink Fairy-type cards? Or since it has the Fairy energy symbol do you still have to use Fairy energy (even though the energy is no longer made)?

I am happy to clarify my question if anyone would like me to.

Answers

• nightblitz42
    nightblitz42 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

Fairy type and Psychic type are two completely different types. You cannot use Psychic Energy to fulfill a Fairy Energy cost, or vice versa.

But of course, if you're playing casually, you and your opponent are free to agree to whatever rule changes you think will make the game more fun.

• Love889
    Love889 Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

They still can used. And any old fairy type pokemon cards that need fairy type energy can use them. Also if you just have piles of fairy type energy you can use it in a normal type deck, then it won't matter at all 😁.