Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Routes rejections post publication due to abusive player behaviour

Options

PGO is rejecting a number of routes for Dangerous position or inaccessibility post successful publication. Some of which are very well used with hundreds of interactions. IF not more depending on where placed.

Why is this an issue for wayfarers? It means despite this usage and interaction with the waypoints one, some or all the Waypoints on a route are at risk of being in a dangerous position and or inaccessible.

Do I now need to report these waypoints as PGO don't tell anyone where, what or if any Waypoints are impacted by the dangerous/inaccessible rating? Of course NO Waypoint may be impacted - as there maybe a danger in the journey. I accepted that. But the risk now exists.

Because I don't want anyone to be at risk playing any games I feel I need to go to each Waypoint and report it for potentially being dangerous or inaccessible. Is Niantic placing players at risk by not addressing all the waypoints on the journey? That, actually, there is a lack of safe pedestrian access.

Some of you are now going. Don't be silly. I hear you. But some of these routes are wholly in parks with no roads. No ponds. Nothing. Some of these routes are around town centres past multiple waypoints.

These are the very waypoints that we have all been accessing for years. Probably on the same paths we have used for years to get to the waypoints. But now we are told no you should not be accessing them......

PGO. You have engaged in ZERO communications, your in app support is sorely lacking with no engagment on the issues, using your support forms results in a similar lack of support let alone basic acknowledgement that an issue is being raised.

It has been noted that routes are being reported by players who do not get Z cells or enough interactions out of the route. Or is not flat enough, short enough.

I really really love Routes. I like creating them. I like playing them. I walk with people playing games on them. But I am sorely disappointed by the abuse people are doing to Routes, I am disappointed by an incomplete lack of appropriate support let alone even any basic manners by PGO support.

Please please PGO sort it out.

Comments

• RufousHumming
    RufousHumming Member Posts: 10
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Well more routes being rejected post publication. As dangerous or inaccessible

It seems if this is the case that two things needs to happen

First enable the routes reporting featurein route leveraging the Submit a POI functionality.. The participant can report that point of the route with description (GPS taken automatically) with main photo of issue and supporting photo of issue in context to surroundings. With text at start that says if reporting for danger or accessiblity please do so from a safe spot. Then it is easier to verify the report and if any associated POI/Waypoint exists at that point PGO can remove the POI so danger is reduced for participants.

If it is PGO making the decision they should tell the route creator where/what the actual issue is so we don't waste time creating it again. The current advice is if you feel it is wrong create the route again. But you just told me it is dangerous now you telling me to do it again - but you say dangerous. What the actual

I can say with 100% confidence that reporting of danger/inaccessibility will drop right off for those people who are abusing the system for routes that are safe and accessible.

I am not saying remove the ability to report. I am just saying improve the process of reporting. It will also mean PGO has evidence to make an informed decision. And right now without evidence they have to err on the side of caution otherwise other issues may arise

• Elijustwalkin
    Elijustwalkin Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

It looks like there is a lack of communication here too. 🤔

Well it’s consistent 😂

• RufousHumming
    RufousHumming Member Posts: 10
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

yup sure is. I abandoned this as you can see. PGO do not communicate here ;-)