Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

The Pokémon + Hatsune Miku collaboration

Options
UnovanZorua
UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭✭
5 LOLs First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes

Is this real? I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding how it is.

Anyway Pokémon is making eighteen type-themed Pokémon songs with Hatsune Miku, which is a "vocal synthesiser" (according to Wikipedia, that's what it's called) portrayed as an anime girl with very long blue hait. And is very famous.

The first song just released today, and I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on this. I think it was good. Very fun to listen to, also they didn't use the electric type themed design they showed a few weeks ago along with the other types, so I'm assuming those were just an ad. The designs seem hard to draw though, so I don't blame them if they don't use them.

Comments

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Hatsune Miku collaborates with absolutely everything in Japan. The list of brands she hasn't collaborated with would probably be shorter.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Okay, so here's a theory - I bet the synthesizer is jusT some guy with a trackpad

• UnovanZorua
    Options

@TheJeffers

I've noticed some, but collaborating with Pokémon of all things is a bit unexpected, at least to me.

• UnovanZorua
    Options

Okay I like the second one more. I prefer the art style and music choices, they all feel very.... comfy? I don't know, that's just the best way I can describe it.

• UnovanZorua
    Options

I wanted to wait a bit longer until my next comment, but the newest one was really good. I liked the third one, it was very fun, but as someone who is "a little" scared about how time is will not stop and that I will someday be old, and also being Pokémon-obsessed since I was young, the newest one hit too hard. I almost cried during the first time I watched it. It's definitely my favourite so far.

AND, the animation was amazing. As an artist who's barely decent, this level of art skill and effort confuses me. How many times did they have to draw hands?