Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Does anyone think the punishment system is even close to addressing all the AFK/bot issues?

Options

Botting and AFKing are SO rampant now in standard. I understand there’s a business case to not be so punitive with the player base… but when so many games are played 9v10 or worse, there needs to be a drastic change. It’s gotten steadily worse too and I… just don’t really want to play the game anymore.

I get super motivated some days to grind my ribbons or collect my bonuses, but most of my excitement dissipates after just a couple games. I’m a Master level player (played since launch) who’s waiting to do my solo grind this season because my GF needs a partner to play ranked for her bonuses. I understand Standard isn’t the format intended for me and I try to be patient with the obviously-newer players on my teams.

But the griefing and generally horrible behavior in Standard is worse than I’ve seen in 20+ years of MMO/MOBA gaming. Almost every single game is dictated by how many bots/afkers are on one team (the rest are dictated by Mewtwo Y that gets a big power creep early).

Like…. what gives?!

Comments

• FurrPride529
    FurrPride529 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    First Answer 5 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Likes
    Options

Boo hoo

• Pokepro1091
    Pokepro1091 Member Posts: 16
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

i admit this is a problem. but hopefully the pokemon company will fix this soon. An experience of mine was a sableye that was afk. we proceeded to lose the match. i do believe that this needs to be fixed and fast.

• JustKris10
    JustKris10 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

Nah, I agree. They need to fix reporting. Too many griefers going unpunished. And too many mic users being punished for no reason. This game needs to slap an "MA" rating on it and finally let the adults enjoy the game how it is already being played because nearly 0 children actually play this game.

• InsaneRaccoon
    InsaneRaccoon Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

I mean, there's also been a glitch with reporting, where some players have a literal century ban period. Of course it doesn't last that long, but when it happened to my pal he was so stressed😅

• FurrPride529
    FurrPride529 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    First Answer 5 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Likes
    Options

Good luck!

Before uninstalling and deleting my saves, I just went into games with no items and circled the other goals and danced with the enemy.

Either that or I just self ko via wild Pokémon. Only fun I could have in this...it's supposed to be a game right? Meaning it's supposed to be fun.

• Sintan666
    Sintan666 Member Posts: 17
    5 LOLs First Comment Name Dropper 5 Agrees
    Options

I do agree and think the current system is WAY TOO LENIENT... AFKers, toxic feeders, Botting, etc should be punished alot more than the petty GENTLE slap on the wrist.

• Sintan666
    Sintan666 Member Posts: 17
    5 LOLs First Comment Name Dropper 5 Agrees
    Options

Also, to make sure this isnt ABUSED... It should be handled case by case depending on how severe the subject matter is and the history of the player prior too.

• Emfrun
    Emfrun Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

This games customer support is a joke. I got 100 year banned 2 weeks ago for in game chat text. I literally said the word bot. I’ve found about 10 others with similar bans around the same time. All you get is “bots” that email you about the issue saying “we cannot talk about bans please read the tos”

so much for spending almost 3 years and 150+ dollars. Just to be blocked from emailing support and they finally say “ hey you can make a new account if you want”

• 0o42o0
    0o42o0 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

My account recently got bad for 100 years as well. I'm a top 1000 world ranked player, always follow the guidelines, have spent hundreds of dollars and hours into this game. Really need some assistance into further investigation for honest players. This is totally uncalled for and had my happiness stolen from me :(