Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Is it bad that I have a Deck with Several Pokémon V?

Natalie862
Natalie862 Member Posts: 8
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

I've found deck building a fun pass time and I have a few that I think I'm enjoying so far. One is a Ghost (technically Psychic)/Dark deck, another is a Normal/Psychic Deck, and I'm working on a mono-Water deck and a Grass/Fighting Deck, just to name a few.

One that I have is a Fighting/Steel deck with Duraludon incorporated into the deck. The question is, it is bad that it has several V Pokemon with VMAX Corviknight and VMAX Duraludon as leads? I know it can be a risky deck competitively due to the fact opponets will be able to draw two prize cards for each knocked out V or VMAX Pokémon, but I am confident that it can work. Especially since this deck's ratio of Pokémon, Energy, and Trainer/Support cards are 30/24/6 respectively. There are also basic, non-Rulebook cards in there, like Koriadon and Pawnard/Bisharp.

I don't have the deck in front of me at the moment, so unless I'm missing one, the V Pokémon are:

1. Duraludon
  2. Copperajah
  3. Corviknight
  4. 2 Zamezenta (one Steel, one Fighting)
  5. Aegislash

And the VMAX are:

1. Duraludon
  2. Corviknight

The reason I have two VMAXes is because I was waiting for a reasonably priced Evolving Skies Alt Duraludon (220/203) and Corviknight worked out as a good alternative in the meantime (plus I just like Corviknight). Plus, as much as I love Copperajah, I only really wanted a Copperajah V.

Best Answer

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment 5 Agrees
    #2 Answer ✓

Hmmm... This looks okay. Maybe not an incredibly competitive deck, but a good one for casual play. It's always okay to have lots of Pokemon V in your deck, just keep in mind that you will probably need to take two prizes every turn, since your opponent will have the option to do the same.