Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Why can't we change the gender of our character?

Options

At the start of the game I was questioning my gender but wasn't sure about it, now that I'm sure about it I do feel bad with my characters gender and would really like to change it even if I would have to pay for the option to do this. I have paid a not so small amount of money on my account so making another account isn't an option to me. Even Pokémon Go has the option to do so, so why are we locked after an option we made two years ago?

Answers

• MewtwoEnjoyer
    MewtwoEnjoyer Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Agreed. This needs to be fixed.

• bagszi
    bagszi Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I too wish to change my character/avatar's gender. Some clothes are way better for male or female characters, this shouldn't be unchangable.

• YoungsterDion
    YoungsterDion Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Sorry for bumping this so late, but the Cynthia outfit reward from the current Solo Challenge made me remember how badly I want to be able to switch avatar genders lol.

It's also kinda absurd how different some clothing items can be between the gender options

I'd understand not giving the option to switch genders if this was a single player game, but it's not, and there's clearly a big focus on customisation in the game already. So...???

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

You guys are talking about Unite, I assume? I haven't messed around with the avatar customizations too much because I don't really care about that kinda stuff, but it does seem weird that there would be no switch genders button.

• bagszi
    bagszi Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Yeah, of course, we talk about Unite. This is the Unite forum after all. You can change your character's face, eyes, eye color, hair, hair color, and even skin color, but sadly, no change method for the character's gender. This is sad because there are a lot of clothing options in the game and sometimes they are very different for boys and girls. For example, girls' clothing usually has skirts or whole dresses, while boys have pants. I created a girl character when I started the game, but I do not like skirts and it's kinda limiting my options in clothing. Okay, not a big deal, but still would be nice if I could change it.

I can even change the name of my trainer with an item, but not the gender.