Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

New player here, are matches aligned by skill?

2»

Answers

• Baulder
    Baulder Member Posts: 32
    10 Comments 5 Agrees Name Dropper Photogenic

OK, so having backup to counter weakness of your most powerful Pokémon cards in deck is not valid strategy. I'll make note for that.

Also, does this mean that win/loose ratio play absolutely no role in casual mode and I will always face more experienced opponents with superior decks, until I get enough credits to unlock required cards to build high ranked tournament deck and learn that deck strategy?

I guess that for now, I have to search for Pokémon Trading Card Game Live Starter Deck list to import them in original unaltered state and learn playing strategies for those, or stick with Pokémon Trading Card Game for Game Boy Color/Nintendo Switch. Things were much simpler back then, but somehow actually more fun.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

I need to make one thing clear: Countering weaknesses is important, but not the weakness of the card; it's counters to your strategy that need to be considered. However, you're countering yourself if you add cards to your deck that make your strategy less consistent.

• Baulder
    Baulder Member Posts: 32
    10 Comments 5 Agrees Name Dropper Photogenic

@TechHog I figured out that much from what you said earlier.

I've deleted all custom decks I've made since you help me realize that I do not have enough knowledge about what cards I can replace without hindering the usual strategy of that deck, and import them again from their original deck list.

Nonetheless, I can't get rid of the feeling that casual matchmaking is quite unfair towards new players.