Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

New way to beat ability decks?

Options

Try the deck out for yourself and tell me what you think, ( btw the deck is best used against lost zone and Chen Pao decks

Pokémon: 11

2 Oricorio PAL 33

1 Scyther OBF 4 PH

2 Pidgeot ex OBF 164

1 Pidgey OBF 207

3 Scyther OBF 4

1 Pidgey OBF 162

1 Manaphy BRS 41

4 Scizor OBF 141

1 Pidgeotto OBF 208

2 Mimikyu PAL 97

1 Radiant Charizard PGO 11

Trainer: 12

2 Switch SVI 194

3 Rare Candy SVI 191

4 Jacq SVI 175

1 Defiance Band SVI 169

2 Bravery Charm PAL 173 PH

2 Youngster SVI 198

2 Iono PAL 269

2 Klara CRE 145

1 Pokémon League Headquarters OBF 192 PH

2 Full Face Guard EVS 148

4 Nemona SVI 180

3 Nest Ball SVI 181

Energy: 2

4 Basic {R} Energy SVE 2

9 Basic {M} Ener

gy Energy 16

Total Cards: 60

Comments

• JJkaelin
    JJkaelin Member Posts: 23
    5 Likes First Answer First Comment
    Options

Here is some tips and tricks about using the deck

1. Having Pidgeot EX up asap! Able to find any card in your deck is very important and can help the game in so many different ways

2. While most decks do have abilities somewhere in there decks, not all do so make sure to charge up Radiant Charizard when possible

3. Put Mimikyu as your main pokemon, having someone that vs and ex's can't attack is super for strategies.

4 Rest is up to you!

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

What does Radiant Charizard have to do with Pokémon with abilities?

• JJkaelin
    Options

Some decks don't have abilities so best to have a strong attacker when decks don't have abilities

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Oh ok that makes sense.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

I kinda see what you're going for, but there are a lot of issues with this deck.

All of the pure "draw 3 cards" supporters are bad/beginners' traps. The same goes for Youngster in this format. Replace Nemona and Youngster with real draw supporters like Professor's Research and Iono. I'd also throw in Avery since you're trying to be disruptive.

Drop the Jacq. You can maybe have one if you really want, but you're better off with 4 Ultra Balls in those slots.

If "I don't want to risk discarding important cards" was a thought crossing your mind reading the last two paragraphs, that's just part of the game. You need to get used to it.

Including Radiant Charizard is kinda random on its own, but dedicating 4 Fire Energy just for it is a waste. Drop the 4 Fire Energy AND 4 of the Metal Energy in favor of Luminous Energy.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Really though, you should look into the Phantom Transformation Zoroark deck. It's a better match than a pure Scizor deck with a random Radiant Charizard, and it'll help you get over your fear of discarding.

• JJkaelin
    Options

Thanks for the feedback! Tbh the only reason I don't use professors research is cause it can make my deck pretty small and I have lost before because of me playing it, also bout Jacq I do get it but it's kinda important for a nothing but evolution deck, I'll take your guy's advice cause I am a beginner on this. Thanks again!

• JJkaelin
    Options

Also techhog Its not a fear if I don't like discarding cards thanks tho I'll look into it

• JJkaelin
    Options

Also I'll do my best to grab sone Luminous energy but I kinda spent all my coins in game

• JJkaelin
    Options

So I edited the deck and took your advice I don't have Luminous energy so I put reversal energy instead