Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

what was the best anime era??

Options
PokefanR21
PokefanR21 Member Posts: 3
First Comment

what was the best anime era and why is it sun and moon??

Comments

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 854 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

I would say XY and Sun and Moon tied for that position.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

You know what? I'm gonna say the unexpected answer and say BW was good... in terms of art style, I still haven't watched much other than clips I saw as a kid.

Also, I really like the more selfish and more childish personality the Kanto group has in the first seasons. And the art style.

Journeys was my favourite though as it was the first time I watched a series when it was new. I liked the characters and the fun feeling of most episodes.

• Spirtual123
    Spirtual123 Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

In my opinion, the 3 first seasons.

Nostalgia !

• CheezItMaestro
    CheezItMaestro Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

The Kanto and Orange Islands seasons had the best writing. Pretty much every episode has something memorable and funny. Though Ash, Misty, Brock, and Tracey don't have major character arcs like the characters in other seasons, they bounce off of each other really well, making even the filler episodes enjoyable. Also, Team Rocket were easily at their best, as the writers actually developed their backstories.

Johto starts off pretty well but gets really stale after a few episodes. The writing loses the punch it used to have and every episode feels more or less the same. Unfortunately this is a problem with the seasons thereafter, in my opinion.

Of all the later seasons, I like Journeys the best, particularly toward the end. Bringing back all the old characters was an amazing trip down memory lane and made me feel like a kid again. :)

• Istiyaq
    Istiyaq Member Posts: 27
    Name Dropper First Answer First Comment 5 Likes
    Options

Diamond and Pearl Series and XY Series

• GohLikesAsh
    GohLikesAsh Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Journeys and Sun + Moon tie for me. Yes, I know they're the two newest ones, but the plot seems to get better and better throughout the series. Journeys has the best ship, and many fans of the series know what it is! And Sun + Moon was the series I watched when I was littler and had less experience with Pokemon, teaching me all about it while bringing me my favorite region.

• MajorBrendan
    Options

I do Like Sun and Mon but when it comes to more shonen like cation, I would go for XY and would like to bring ash back to have that feeling back.

• riordanfan
    riordanfan Member Posts: 14
    First Comment Name Dropper First Answer Photogenic
    Options

I love XY, XYZ, and Sun and Moon, but Journeys is good, too.

• MajorBrendan
    Options

Advanced, xy, and dp