Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

New deck need suggestions

Options
Climbingthemtn
Climbingthemtn Member Posts: 11
5 Agrees Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment

Hey guys I thought this deck would be a lot of fun and something different from what everyone has been playing constantly I was hoping that maybe someone out there could try it out for me since I don't have all the cards yet and I'd rather not spend ll my credits on the cards just yet if it needs work to it. It's hard for me to get extra credits

Comments

• nightblitz42
    nightblitz42 Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

Seems like a solid deck concept. If you bring the decklist as-is to Casual mode it'll probably do fine. Some ideas for adjustments (do with them what you want):

• -3 Croagunk, -3 Toxicroak ex. +3 Arceus V, +3 Arceus VStar.
      • Toxicroak ex will typically do 180 damage for 3 Energy, but Arceus VStar can do 200 damage for the same cost while also attaching energy to your Samurott for free with its Trinity Nova attack. On top of that, it comes with an outstanding VStar Ability should you ever need to use it.
    • -2 Mesagoza, -1 Choice Belt. +3 Lost City.
      • Mesagoza and Choice Belt are unreliable. Mesagoza is coinflip dependent, and Choice Belt is useless in a lot of matchups. My reason for suggesting Lost City to replace them is that it synergies well with your 3 copies of Boss's Orders. Whenever you use Boss's Orders to snipe a benched draw-engine Pokemon like Bibarel or Radiant Greninja, Lost City will send it permanently to the Lost Zone so that the opponent cannot retrieve it with Klara or Super Rod. This will really punish players who don't run multiple copies of their draw-engine Pokemon. It also leads nicely into my next suggestion...
    • -4 Supporters (Colress, Professor, Raihan), +4 Iono
      • There's nothing wrong with the Supporters you picked, but if you're playing the Bibarel package then there's no reason not to be running Iono. Iono's potential to mess with your opponent's hand in the late-game is very strong. If you've used your various damage-dealing Abilities and your Boss's Orders to KO your opponent's draw-engine Pokemon earlier in the battle, then your opponent might have a very difficult time recovering from a late-game Iono activation. You, on the other hand, will be able to use Bibarel's Ability to ensure you always have 5 cards in hand, no matter how many Prize Cards you have remaining. Considering how well Iono fits into the strategy of this Deck, I'd take out whichever 4 card-draw Supporters you least like (preference) in order to make room for this card.

I also feel like the Dark Patches are kinda underwhelming but I'm not sure what I'd replace them with. Adventurer's Discovery if you add Arceus, maybe? But yeah, deck seems pretty cool. Pretty creative for sure.

About the lack of credits, I feel your pain... Hopefully the next Battle Pass 3-4 days from now helps me regain some credits, lol.

• Climbingthemtn
    Options

Thanks for input. I was also thinking of replacing toxicroak with slowking ex. Maybe add in another absol. As for the dark patches a couple escape ropes might help with putting counters on the bench more

• Climbingthemtn
    Options

Thanks for input. I was also thinking of replacing toxicroak with slowking v and vmax. Maybe add in another absol. As for the dark patches a couple escape ropes might help with putting counters on the bench more

• Stone489990
    Stone489990 Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

Slowking ex is good