Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What is it with people calling pokemon furries?

I don't get people calling pokemon furries. For instance, you wouldn't call, for instance, Feraligator a furry, but it still stands on two legs. And pokemon like Lucario have had a severe drop in popularity since this "Furry" thing came about. It's also been scaring people away from actually good pokemon like Meowscarada. They have only been calling new pokemon furries. So I suspect that possibly half the people calling new starters furries may just be genwunners in disguise. Even Blastoise stands on two legs, and it's a turtle.

Comments

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

For the people donning the pokemon furries, Let's call them poke' cosplayers. Unless we're talking about people having qualities of pokemon in means of something similar to kamen rider with means of a tool for such a thing.

• 6dyferTCG
    6dyferTCG Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

I definitely agree, if an animal character exists, it gets called a furry. Other fandoms have this problem too.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

Terms such as these can be pretty nebulous, particularly as the proliferate throughout the internet and enter usage by other communities. It generally isn't worth the time or energy thinking about it.

Like the things you like. Who cares if someone else doesn't?

• RealLilyLopunny
    RealLilyLopunny Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Blastoise, Charizard, Alakazam, Machamp, Scyther, Mewtwo... so many popular Gen 1 Pokemon are bipedal or even humanoid, and yet people conveniently forget this when complaining about the modern designs.

• Dedenne90524
    Dedenne90524 Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes

The closest I’d call them are humanoids (or maybe anthromorphic)