Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokémon TCG Live 1.2.0 Discussion Thread

Options
TPCi_CursedSoup
TPCi_CursedSoup Administrator Posts: 256 admin
First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs

Hi everyone,

Please use this thread to leave feedback and discuss the latest Pokémon TCG Live Limited Beta update.

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

So, the new board layout still isn't ready despite being demoed at Worlds, and we still have to update manually on the desktop client? Uh, okay... Well, hopefully the new SFX are cool I guess? Hoping to see a new letter from the team when it releases as well...

Starting to feel like this is a 2024 game.

• TPCi_CursedSoup
    Options

@TechHog: So, the new board layout still isn't ready despite being demoed at Worlds, and we still have to update manually on the desktop client?

The new board layout wasn't demoed at Worlds. I believe it was worded incorrectly by the person who posted on their experience. However, the demo was played on a tablet, so it was in portrait mode, which is what they could be referring to.

No manual update, the Patcher should handle that, and I've updated those patch notes to remove that line to not cause more confusion. Thank you for calling that out!

• Clear_ZERO
    Clear_ZERO Member Posts: 23
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes
    Options

Is there any chance for the Secret Rate Energy Exchange bug to be fixed anytime soon?

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    edited September 2022 #5
    Options

@TPCi_CursedSoup Ah, okay. Thanks for clarifying. Guess we'll wait and see.

You really need to to add a landscape option for tablets btw.

• Baggetto
    Baggetto Member Posts: 97 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 LOLs Name Dropper
    Options

Is there an ETA for the new board layout? Will you guys be able to fix the matchmaking from breaking every week?

• TPCi_CursedSoup
    Options

@Clear_ZERO: Is there any chance for the Secret Rate Energy Exchange bug to be fixed anytime soon?

Is this in reference that no more than 4 Secret Rare Energy cards cannot be crafted? If so, the Team is aware of this, and it's currently being looked at.

@Baggetto: Is there an ETA for the new board layout? Will you guys be able to fix the matchmaking from breaking every week?

There is no finalized ETA for the board changes, but the Team is currently working to implement this. Matchmaking issues have been reported and are being investigated.

• Connorndad
    Connorndad Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

How are you looking for feedback on issues notes in the game?

I have noted slowdown in the app when moving a dark type Pokemon to the active spot and attacking with a dark type. I haven't noted this on any other element type yet

• Clear_ZERO
    Clear_ZERO Member Posts: 23
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes
    Options

@TPCi_CursedSoup You can have more than 4 SR Basic Energy. It just that if you ever hit the following conditions, the exchange button is no longer available.

• If you craft exactly 4 SR Energy at once
    • if you craft any number that will result in you having 4 SR of that Energy in your inventory

However, the way to get to more than that is very janky. You have to put in however many SR energy you desire in a deck. Then you must craft 3 at a time, but also abiding by the above condition. In other words, if you start from zero, and you craft in multiples of 3, you can craft as many as you are putting in the deck.

I hope that helps your team to figure out what exactly is wrong.

• TPCi_CursedSoup
    Options

@Connorndad: I have noted slowdown in the app when moving a dark type Pokemon to the active spot and attacking with a dark type. I haven't noted this on any other element type yet

Have you contacted our Support Team to report your findings on this? I'll forward this along as well, but you'll be able to submit a video to them and device information.

@Clear_ZERO: You can have more than 4 SR Basic Energy. It just that if you ever hit the following conditions, the exchange button is no longer available.

- If you craft exactly 4 SR Energy at once

- if you craft any number that will result in you having 4 SR of that Energy in your inventory

This is the one! Thank you for the additional details on this; I've forwarded it along.

• SlyCooperFan1
    SlyCooperFan1 Member Posts: 4
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I was hoping to see a mention of the green glasses lenses bug being fixed. I've kept glasses off of my character for months. Guess I'll hope to see it fixed next patch...