Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Favorite Card From Obsidian Flames

Octowen
Octowen Member Posts: 587 ✭✭✭
First Comment 5 LOLs 5 Likes First Anniversary

What is everyone’s favorite card that is coming out in Obsidian Flames in two weeks(-ish)? Mine has to be Revavroom ex, due to its cool ability and awesome Special Illustration rare.

Comments

• nightblitz42
    nightblitz42 Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Answer

As far as competitive play goes, I have high hopes for Geeta. Geeta lets you attach any two Energy from your deck in a single turn, of any two types. This is great for decks that need a lot of Energy (especially multicolor decks). I'm very excited for this card as a possible alternative to the Lost Box engine, and I will likely try to slot it into a deck in the future.

On the more casual side, I'd like to experiment with a deck that uses the new Letter of Encouragement alongside Paldea Evolved Grafaiai and Evolving Skies Smeargle. For a Single-Prize deck, the damage ceiling on that strategy seems quite high.

And finally, when judging by card art, my favorite card in this set is definitely Absol ex. It's got a good mix of cuteness and fierceness, which I think suits Absol as a Pokemon very well.

• Octowen

@nightblitz42

Letter of Encouragement does seem extremely interesting, and I almost wonder if it could fit in as a one-of in Gardevoir ex decks, because I often find myself with plenty of Refinements (and often also a Concealed Cards) ready, but no Psychic energy to discard. Seen as you’re letting your opponent take one or two knockouts early game anyway, so you would have plenty of opportunities to play Letter of Encouragement, and the three energy could be very helpful as Refinement (and C.C.) fuel.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment 5 Agrees

Letter of encouragement is cool, but I really like the new Glimmora ex rogue deck. Just using ascension on one of your glimmers on turn one(If you go second) and then on your opponent's next turn they can only use three benched Pokémon. The attack is also decent, and when played with Radiant Hisuian Sneasler LOR it can be awesome. Also hits Arceus VSTAR for weakness, which is a huge bonus. But you can just turn the entire deck into an energy burn deck, by playing Mawile OBF, Giacomo PAL, and Crushing Hammer SVI. Just shrink your opponenent's bench and burn them out of energies.

• Octowen

@OlderAngel11

I also love Glimmora ex, and am actually currently making a deck of it irl. An interesting card I’ve seen comboed with it is Gothitelle from Paldea Evolved, as it adds some control by letting you decide what your opponent draws for turn.

Rapid Strike Urfishu VMAX is also something I’ve seen combined with it.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment 5 Agrees

I don't love playing it with a stage two, it hurts the deck's consistency. Rapid Strike Urshifu is nice, but Glimmora ex sort of needs to be your main attacker, otherwise dust field will turn off. I might consider playing the Gothitelle, though. That's an interesting one.