Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Gen 9 + Gen 10 spin-off Game Potentials?

Options
MajorBrendan
MajorBrendan Member Posts: 871 ✭✭✭
5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees First Comment

What kind of gen 9 and gen 10 Spin-off Pokemon Games you would like to see? My case major return of Pokemon Ranger, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, a sequel to Pokemon Battle Revolution, let alone a major return of pokemon stadium/Colosseum series along with Hey You Pikachu esque games like Pokemon channel.

Best Answers

• cpm1
    cpm1 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Answer 5 Agrees Name Dropper
    #2 Answer ✓
    Options

a return of pokemon stadium

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer First Comment
    #3 Answer ✓
    Options

@cpm1 I mean, it should be pretty easy with Pokemon Home.

• Elberta
    Elberta Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    5 Agrees Name Dropper First Answer First Comment
    #4 Answer ✓
    Options

@MajorBrendan Yes, there should definitely be a return of Pokemon Ranger game with an inclusion of new Gen Pokemons. It would also be great if it's 3D, like Pokemon Snap, but I don't know how they can do the capturing system in 3D, maybe converting into a 2D style when capturing Pokemons?

• MajorBrendan
    #5 Answer ✓
    Options

@Elberta I would say they would revise the capture style in order to cater the 3d format and heighten the gameplay.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    #6 Answer ✓
    Options

Given that the main series is now 3D and playable on home console, Pokémon Stadium should be redundant. But failing that and given Home's existence it would be the ideal software to fill the niché of a multiplayer battle game in the absence of access to a complete Pokédex in the main games.

But no. Missed opportunities upon missed opportunities when it comes to first and second party software. There is no official battle game with a complete Pokédex.

• MajorBrendan
    #7 Answer ✓
    Options

@TheJeffers Let's also raise the stakes for the pokemon battles such as moving from turn based battles as well as an environment based pokemon battle area like in the anime

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    #8 Answer ✓
    Options

Real time battles? And are you suggesting freedom of movement?

I think such a game has potential and would be a lot of fun, but the series has always been turn based. I would like a traditional turn based 3D competitive battler with a complete Pokédex first and foremost.

After that, then consider expanding to new formats and gameplay mechanics.

• MajorBrendan
    #9 Answer ✓
    Options

@TheJeffers I am suggesting freedom of movement, verbal commands to the Pokemon, and real time battles to make the 3d Pokemon Battles much more competitive. But I might also give you a reboot for pokemon stadium with Gen 10 at most being a complete pokedex, or should I say World Dex. You can compare and contrast between my idea and your way and see if you be game for something with a lot more excitement.