Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Reversal Energy not working??

Options
Alexithymiaaa
Alexithymiaaa Member Posts: 1

I'm running an off-meta deck with Mismagius (SIT #64) and Lunalla, and I bring 2 reversal energy specifically for Lunalla's first ability, who'll put 2X damage counter for each opposing Pokemon.

My plan is simple, using eerie voice and Mismagius ability (on knockout), Spiteful Magic to deal damage, and then double it with Lunalla, which ensure I have more prize card whenever mismagius is knocked out.

the thing is, it only counts as 1 energy. even when the conditions are met for it to provide 3 energy of any kind. sometimes it froze my game or makes my timer go out because I cannot do anything else (even when i have playable cards). I lost some ranked games to this.

(Bonus question: If worked as intended, will the 3 energy be counted as the 30X damage/ psychic energy for calyrex vmax attack? because yes, I do too bring calyrex Vmax and it doesn't count the 3 energy from reversal energy )

is anyone experiencing this too with reversal energy?

Comments

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Keep in mind Reversal Energy only works when

1. you are behind in prize cards
    2. it is attached to an evolution Pokémon
    3. the Pokémon it is attached to does not have a rule box

However, it sounded like you were aware of this, and it seemed that you had made sure those conditions were met, so I am not sure how that happened. As an answer to the bonus question, it will count as three Psychic Energy for Shadow Rider Calyrex VMAX’s attack, but again, only if the conditions are met, so if attached to a Shadow Rider Calyrex VMAX, it would not work.

• nightblitz42
    nightblitz42 Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

Screenshot might be helpful, because sometimes there are other cards in play that are interacting with Reversal Energy (Temple of Sinnoh, etc).

I'm assuming you're using Celebrations Lunala. Reversal Energy should work with that, so long as you have more Prizes remaining than your opponent does (meaning, your opponent is winning).

Calyrex VMax is a little bit more complicated because Reversal Energy doesn't work when equipped to Pokemon with Rule Boxes. So, if you have more Prizes remaining than your opponent and Reversal Energy is equipped to a benched Mismagius or Lunala, then yes it should add to Calyrex's damage. But, if you equip the Reversal Energy to Calyrex VMax itself, then it will not count as Psychic Energy regardless of Prize Cards and so it will not contribute additional damage.

In any case, if Reversal Energy isn't working, maybe Double Colorless Energy could work as a substitute? There are trade-offs with Lunala's Psychic Shot, but it's better at fueling Lunar Pain because it isn't dependant on Prize Cards. Could be worth a try.