Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

[Pokemon Sleep] What do I do if I want to befriend a pokémon that isn't my sleep style?

Title really says it all, I've heard some people mention that "Slumbering" is the best style because you're likely to get some time in all 3 styles anyway, but to me it sounds like if you spend the most time slumbering, that's all you'll ever get, does it work differently than advertised? If not, the only way I see is to get the "Balanced" style because you get every style that way, but how can I "make sure" I get that style. The most common answer/tip I've seen is people suggesting that you basically exploit by having it do things such as tracking your sleep when you aren't actually asleep because then you can be sure that you'll get the right type. It seems kind of sleezy and dishonest and it defeats the purpose of the game, but is that really the only option?

PS: I haven't actually started playing this yet partially for this reason (though I intend to later today), partially for this reason, seems kind of pointless to me if I can only ever get 1/3 of the pokémon that are actually in the game.

Answers

• nightblitz42
    nightblitz42 Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Likes 5 Agrees 5 Answers

The game recalculates your sleep style each morning. My understanding is that the game compares your sleep each night to your past average data in order to give you a fair chance of obtaining each sleep style every night. (I have no clue how effective this is though, because the game has only been out for a week. For what it's worth, in the 5 days I've played I've gotten Dozing twice, Snoozing twice, and Slumbering once -- and I am a very noisy and restless sleeper. So the game probably averages things out pretty well... maybe.)

As for any personal sleep style being "better" than another, I wouldn't worry about that. I'm positive that all three are supposed to be valued as equal, and I haven't found any reliable sources saying otherwise.

You can exploit the system by "tracking" fake sleep, but I don't think it's worth it... Feeding the app false data throws off its sleep tracking functions, which are the main selling point of the game. Without that, I don't think the Pokemon-collecting portion of the game has legs to stand on. If it comes to that, I'd simply recommend playing a different game altogether (but that's just my opinion).

• Ptilopsis
    Ptilopsis Member Posts: 10
    First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper First Answer

There's a "mixed" style which you can get if you have a mix of all three styles. Every time I've fallen asleep with something playing in the background I've gotten mixed style, so that may be something to try. I believe you can get pokemon from all styles that way.

• lvirden
    lvirden Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment

I have been told the app cannot tell human sounds of partners, pets, fans, radios, etc and that lights on in the room also cause confusion.

As for befriending, you just have to obtain somehow biscuits and feed the Pokemon to their max friendship level. I do not know how to convince new Pokemon or new sleep styles to appear.