Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Please help me improve my Giratina/Mewto Vstar deck

Options
JacKnife2002
JacKnife2002 Member Posts: 1
Photogenic

Hello everyone. I'm very new to the game ( just downloaded it yesterday. I watched a few content creators and with my own tweaks I made this Giratina/Mewto Vstar deck.

While it's fairly good I keep having issues. Mainly the ability when I'm unable to find the required cards or most of the time having a bad hand.

Please help me improve this deck. Any help given is hugely appreciated 😎🤝🏻.

I'll attach my deck here:

Pokémon: 10

2 Giratina V LOR 130

2 Comfey LOR 79

2 Giratina VSTAR LOR 131

3 Sableye LOR 70

2 Mewtwo V PGO 30

2 Mimikyu PAL 97 PH

2 Mewtwo VSTAR PGO 31

1 Manaphy BRS 41

1 Radiant Greninja ASR 46

2 Cramorant LOR 50

Trainer: 11

3 Escape Rope BST 125

2 Candice SIT 152

2 Energy Retrieval SVI 171

2 Battle VIP Pass FST 225

1 Gardenia's Vigor ASR 143

1 Energy Search CRZ 128

1 Roxanne ASR 150

1 Mirage Gate LOR 163

4 Nest Ball SVI 181

4 Colress's Experiment LOR 155

2 Boss's Orders BRS 132

Energy: 5

4 Basic {W} Energy SVE 3

3 Basic {G} Energy SVE 1

7 Basic {P} Energy SVE 5

2 Jet Energy PAL 190

2 Therapeutic Energy PAL 193

Total Cards: 60

Comments

• nightblitz42
    nightblitz42 Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

Mewtwo V-Star is a strange choice without a way to quickly return Psychic energy to the field, but it's certainly fun. I think it may be possible to make such a deck work.

Removals:

Remove all Mimikyu. It's not that great, you have other Pokemon that need the Energy more, and Comfey and Cramorant are more useful in the Active Spot.

Remove 1 Sableye. It takes a long time to get cards into the Lost Zone so it's unlikely you'll be able to use three in a game.

Remove 1 Boss Orders. If the plan is to use Sableye in the late game, then Boss Orders is redundant.

Remove 1 Candice. Just not that helpful to our strategy and prevents us from playing Colress that turn.

Remove all the Special Energy. For this deck that has colored Energy requirements, it's better to attach Basic Energy on your turn.

Additions:

+2 Comfey. Gives you additional card draws while filling your Lost Zone.

+1 Battle VIP Pass. You always want to run four or none at all.

+1 Escape Rope, +4 Switch. Being able to switch in and out multiple Comfey in one turn will let you draw more and fill your Lost Zone faster.

+2 Mirage Gate. Lets you set up Mewtwo and Giratina faster, ensuring you always have the right energy for Giratina and helping you refuel Mewtwo's attack. It's so useful that you might even consider removing a basic Energy to add a fourth copy.

Replacements:

Swap all the Energy Retrieval for Super Rods. Super Rod is a new card from the latest pack that does the same job as Energy Retrieval but better. With multiple copies of Mirage Gate you won't mind that the Energy go back into your deck and not your hand.

Swap 2 Nest Ball for 2 Ultra Ball. Nest Ball is a decent card but you'll also want a way to search for your Evolution Pokemon.

Give those changes a shot and see if things improve. Lost Box can be a naturally inconsistent deck sometimes, but focusing on activating Comfey's Ability many times in your first couple turns via repeated switching should give you the best odds of finding the cards you need.

Good luck!

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

There's no way to really improve this. It's just a bad idea.

• LaserStar010
    LaserStar010 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Here is a list I came up with to improve consistency but it kinda turned out to be a lost tina deck with a mewtwo v and vstar thrown in. I think that there isn't really any reason to play mewtwo here because giratina is a way better attacker. I would recommend looking into arceus vstar engine to accelerate energy because I think it synergizes much better with mewtwo and giratina.

Here is the lost engine deck list

Pokémon: 9

2 Giratina V LOR 130

4 Comfey LOR 79

2 Giratina VSTAR LOR 131

2 Sableye LOR 70

1 Mewtwo V PGO 30

1 Mewtwo VSTAR PGO 31

1 Manaphy BRS 41

1 Radiant Greninja ASR 46

2 Cramorant LOR 50

Trainer: 12

3 Escape Rope BST 125

2 Switch Cart ASR 154

1 Energy Recycler BST 124

4 Battle VIP Pass FST 225

2 Roxanne ASR 150

3 Ultra Ball FCO 113

3 Path to the Peak CRE 148

4 Mirage Gate LOR 163

4 Colress's Experiment LOR 155

2 Boss's Orders BRS 132

1 Klara CRE 145

2 Switch SVI 194

Energy: 3

4 Basic {G} Energy SVE 1

7 Basic {P} Energy SVE 5

2 Jet Energy PAL 190

Total Cards: 60

As for strategy, focus on getting as many comfeys into play as possible and using your switch cards and jet energy to retreat into other comfeys so that you can get more cards in the lost zone. When playing a lost zone deck, the important thresholds to hit are 4 cards in the lost zone for early game cramorant KOs, 7 cards in the lost zone for the ability to use mirage gate which will help you accelerate energy to giratina and mewtwo and finally 10 cards in the lost zone to use sableye and giratina vstar power. I think that the mewtwo vstar power synergizes really well with the sableyes and I would consider putting a third sableye in for instances where there are plenty of Vs that you can use the mewtwo star power on and eventually KO with sableye.

Here is a second decklist that I like even more because I think it harnesses the strengths of giratina and mewtwo even more. You might consider replacing the pokestops with path to the peaks and adding more draw supporters instead of the trekking shoes. I think some tweaking to this deck needs to be done and I have only played one game with it so far so feel free to make some changes.

Pokémon: 7

1 Radiant Hawlucha ASR 81

1 Giratina VSTAR LOR 131

2 Lunatone PGO 34

2 Mewtwo V PGO 30

2 Mewtwo VSTAR PGO 31

1 Giratina V LOR 130

4 Solrock PGO 39

Trainer: 15

3 Trekking Shoes ASR 156

1 Hisuian Heavy Ball ASR 146

3 Iono PAL 254