Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Short attention-span vs Pokemon?

Options
Lucilucid
Lucilucid Member Posts: 2
5 Likes First Comment Photogenic

Hey, wanted to see if people were having similar issues! I have possibly undiagnosed adhd that has been making it extremely hard to focus on anything and I found myself unable to play pokemon anymore due to that there isn't enough going on to keep my attention. Does anyone know a way to combat this? I really miss playing pokemon.

Comments

• RiqMoran
    RiqMoran Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer First Comment 5 Agrees
    Options

"Anymore" signals to me that perhaps this has less to do with your ability to focus and more to do with the activity not being enjoyable or engaging enough.

In my experience coming back to the series, I simarly struggled to play for longer than 20 minutes at a time and wondering if I simply was no longer capable of playing videogames. I found myself exploring aimlessly and running into obstacles I wasnt equipped to handle because I hadn't built a proper team yet. The solution, for me, was to look up what Pokemon can be found where and what objectives are supposed to be done in which order. This made the game more enjoyable to me and I was able to finish the game with no problem afterwards.

I suggest you think back on what made you fall in love with pokemon in the first place and then ask what specifically you are not enjoying currently. Hope this helps.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 428 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Agrees
    Options

I personally never had this problem, even with ADHD, but I’ve also been into Pokémon for years and never fell out of it. Maybe consult a therapist for help.