Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Ash's theoretical return

Options
MajorBrendan
MajorBrendan Member Posts: 871 ✭✭✭
5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees First Comment

In the events that Pokemon Horizons let alone its proposed successor to the anime didn't do so well when it comes to the fans, I was wondering is there anyone in the pokemon community that would like to see Ash return? in my case, I find Ash's journey being far from over. Not to mention, a good deal of Pokemon anime fans are also hoping Ash would catch some paldean Pokemon too. When will Ash returns? It might depends on who would be in charge of the anime and how soon for his return.

Comments

• Duskull101
    Duskull101 Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options

I really hope ash comes back. I quit the anime because he left. Ash was part of my childhood! And what about Pikachu!

• _-_Eevee_-_
    _-_Eevee_-_ Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    5 Likes Combo Breaker 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

I agree with Duskull, I mean, who can replace multi-millionaire-mascot Pikachu?

• MajorBrendan
    Options

you guys have my sympathies. Once I work for the pokemon company, OLM Inc, let alone nintendo, I plan to Bring Ash Back sometime after gen 10. His journey is far from over. Not to mention I have a couple of regions in mind to make way for his return.

• cobaltbuizel
    cobaltbuizel Member Posts: 11
    5 Agrees First Comment Name Dropper First Answer
    Options

I understand how the other commenters feel, but frankly there is nowhere else for Ash's character to go. Once you become the #1 trainer in the world, where else is there to go afterwards? If Ash's series were to continue, it'd just be about him going wherever. No more development could be made.

Let him rest, it's been 20 years.

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer First Comment
    Options

I wouldn't mind Ash to be back, but I would like a situation where he's part of a trio of protagonists rather than being the main character. Maybe a duo of trainers he can relate to like Sorrell and Verity from the movies.

I know Journeys sort of did this but it wasn't a very good execution imo.

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer First Comment
    Options

@cobaltbuizel Honestly if they aged him up a few years I could see him taking over Brock's role to a couple new trainers

• MajorBrendan
    Options

Even if it means I retcon Ash's status as world champion due to Journeys' poor execution. I might correct something like this in order to bring Ash back sometime after gen 10 for a bit more satisfying ending for his journey.

• Azaruspokerus
    Azaruspokerus Member Posts: 23
    5 LOLs First Answer Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I wish that they would bring ash back for even 3 episodes, just to give him a better ending. the way Pokemon Journeys ended it was lackluster to say the least, like they just didn't want to write Ash because they were bored, I think his time is over, but they should at least give us a fast forward to the future, where he narrates his friends future, and we see who he ends up with.

• MajorBrendan
    Options

@azaruspokerus Rather then 3 more episodes, I plan to bring Ash back for 1 or 2 more regions to correct the debacle from Journeys and horizons. Not to mention I be giving Ash a more satisfying conclusion in doing so.

• Azaruspokerus
    Azaruspokerus Member Posts: 23
    5 LOLs First Answer Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I wish for 2 seasons, but, less in more likely if they do Re-do his ending.(i'm thinking 20-30 episodes, or one season.)