Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What is everyones thoughts Gen 9 pokemon games and cards?

Options
frostn
frostn Member Posts: 3
First Comment

I think Pokemon should stop adding new games and new generations and focus upon what they have, personally, Scarlet and Violet is the worst generation, since Gen 5, pokemon games have been on a downward trend, thoughts?

Answers

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

I agree, but I don't think the answer is to stop completely. There is the potential for great things even in Scarlet and Violet.

As many point out, a key problem is the lack of development time. This not only leads to bugs, but poorly implemented, unrealised concepts being rushed into the games. Every element suffers, from gameplay, to story, to aesthetics and audio.

The answer would be longer development cycles. I think if Legends Arceus had released when SV did, and SV were delayed until the end of the year, both games would be in better places and more of their strengths could shine through.

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer First Comment
    Options

No, Gen IX is not the worst, at least in my personal opinion. It may be full of glitches but the story and characters are solid.

You're right, though. Pokemon seriously needs to slow down and focus more on giving us good generations rather than just churn out games like canned food. Ever notice how many spin offs we got back in Gens III-V versus now? The days of Rumble and Pokemon Ranger have turned into the days of Pokemon Sleep.

• 10types
    10types Member Posts: 220 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes
    Options

I really like the gen 9 cards more than the gen 8 ones. However I think gen 7 probably had the best ones ever. Going back to gx would prob make the most sense

• Asacado
    Asacado Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Scarlet and Violet needs Postgame content, outside Shiny Hunting, Academy Ace Tournament and VGC. A battle tower would make this game perfect.

The TCG has found itself being super hyper offensive with Gmax mons that can sweep once set up really easily. IE Giratina Vmax.

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer First Comment
    Options

@Asacado S/V not having a battle tower is one of the main reasons I still play Sword.

• DylanVsTheWorld
    DylanVsTheWorld Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

I don’t think the new games have been a downward trend. Gen 6, 7, and, 8 are so fantastic and maybe some people think that they’re bad just because they have finally departed from the “classic” vibe.

I think Scarlet/Violet is my least favorite of modern Pokemon. It has some really good strengths but it’s main issue is a rushed development alongside an attempt to make an open world game which is a tall order. I’m still going to have fond memories of this game though.

Making no more games would be terrible for me as such a big fan. Gamefreak just needs to focus hard on their next game and take more time, re-think the open world idea and I’m certain the next game WILL be a masterpiece.

• _-_Eevee_-_
    _-_Eevee_-_ Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    5 Likes Combo Breaker 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Yes, I agree, they need to hold up and spend a little more time in the game developing to un-bug it. Gen 9 was a fall, but I am sure they will learn and pick it up on the next game, and make a masterpeice!

(I spelt that wrong didn't I? *facepalm*)

• frostn
    frostn Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

I personally think that instead of focusing on new content, they should refocus on the games they already have, and potential to create, such as Pokemon Emerald, Yellow, Crystal, and a few others that have yet to officially be remade, and with games like Emerald, they have potential to do just as they did with Platinum, create a legends game, they have several legendaries fans absolutely love, and they've already built the groundwork for them. As you all have said, hopefully they will refocus and improve upon what they have already established.