Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

what are your favorite pokemon movies?

Options
YagoFuecoco
YagoFuecoco Member Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
5 LOLs First Comment 5 Likes 5 Agrees

My favorite Pokémon movies are Mew and Mewtwo's first movie, Lugia's movie I love it too, Lucario's movie, Celebi's movie, Arceus' movie, Zorua and Zoroark's movie and Victini's movie, I like it of the two versions, but if I were to choose one, I would choose Zekrom because I love it

Comments

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes First Answer
    Options

My favorite Pokémon movie would rather be the rise of darkrai for fantastic character arc lucario and the mystery of mew for amazing end song and great story or destiny deoxys one of the first ones I watched that have two of my favorite Pokémon Plusle and Minun in them

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Koko. Or Secrets of the Jungle. It was the first time I heard of a Pokémon movie before it released since I was only interested in the games before, only occasionally watching some movies or episodes. But I couldn't find it anywhere, so I had to wait until Netflix released an English version.

After the EN version released I watched it almost 10 times, and that was only in its release month, and it's still my favourite. The long wait payed off, and probably aided in this becoming my favourite movie.

• Scorbunny1scute
    Scorbunny1scute Member Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer 5 Agrees 5 LOLs
    Options

Mewtwo Strikes Back, I really love the part where all the Pokémon were upset because of Ash's death.

• Michael629303
    Michael629303 Member Posts: 834 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment 5 Agrees 5 LOLs
    Options

I haven't seen too many of the old ones but I really like Arceus and the Jewel of Life, Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction, Hoopa and the Clash of Ages, and Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel. As you can see I really like the XY/Z era of movies.

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 898 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Advance movies, DP Movies, XY Movies and Power of Us.

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 898 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

also secrets of the jungle.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 727 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

I loved the first movie as a kid. It felt like a real event going to see it in the cinema. Between that movie and its appearance in the games, Mewtwo made a huge impression on the early Pokémon fandom, and that's without looking at its competitive impact.

The second movie similarly made a big impact and I think might be part of the reason I like Lugia so much.

By the time the third movie came around, I had pretty much lost interest in the Pokémon anime in general. I didn't see any more Pokémon movies until after university.

When I did go back and see some of the movies, I liked the gen IV trilogy, especially the Darkrai one. I do wish they hadn't chickened out for the ending, though. That somewhat diminished it for me.

• Jirarudan
    Jirarudan Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 Agrees Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options

Lord of the Unown Tower. So good. Reminds me a lot of the fantasy movies I grew up with in the 1980s, especially Labyrinth and Neverending Story.

Which is wild because that puts Molly in the role of both the Empress and the Goblin King.

• Istiyaq
    Istiyaq Member Posts: 27
    5 Agrees Name Dropper First Answer First Comment
    Options

The Diamond and Pearl trilogy