Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Favorite memory with the Pokemon series? (Particularly games)

scotty774
scotty774 Member Posts: 21
5 Likes 5 Agrees 10 Comments Photogenic

As the title suggests, what do you believe is your favorite memory associated with your engagement with the Pokemon series? I'll start:

In around 2012, I was playing Pokemon Black, and getting through Chargestone Cave. I'm not sure why I was traversing it, but I regardless ended up face to face with a shiny Boldore!

...Me being a newcomer to the Pokemon series, I got scared of it on the spot, and ran away in fears that it was some sort of strange glitch...

Comments

• Bolt_Boy25
    Bolt_Boy25 Member Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes 25 Agrees 100 Comments 25 LOLs

Ooh I'm sorry I remember getting like half way through pokemon red then my younger brother deletes it all.😞

• DylanVsTheWorld
    DylanVsTheWorld Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    25 Likes Name Dropper First Answer 5 Agrees

I remember my cousin excitedly showing me his shiny Gyarados in SoulSilver which is what sparked my interest in Pokémon and inspired me to start playing.

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

Not fond per say but a particularly funny one-

When Sun and Moon were coming out I was so stuck on whether I wanted to choose Rowlet or Popplio. On one hand I loved Water types, but Rowlet seemed cool while Popplio's evolutions were too girly for me. My family members got kind of annoyed with me always going back and forth, and when I got the game and decided on Rowlet my dad proclaimed- "The Rowlet/Popplio dilemma of 2017 has ended." Funnily enough, the indecision continued on and is a large reason I restarted my game so many times.

I would be trapped in a similar dilemma when I first got White 2 and when Legends Arceus were coming out, but Sun and Moon was definitely the most memorable one :)

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

As for fond memories, it would have to be getting my first game: Pokemon X. I had been into Pokemon for so long before finally getting into the mainline games, and let's just say the experience was delightful.