Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

My ideas for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers DX (If it will come out in 2024)

Hello all, this is Blastoise Network and I have ideas for what the Explorers remake for the Mystery Dungeon series will end up being like.

• It will be mostly the same as Rescue Team DX such as the graphics, gameplay, and other features.
  • More lighting and filters for certain dungeons and cutscenes, for example the Future area (From Chapter 14) will have a black and white filter.
  • Cutscenes should have more animation and action in them. (Look at the Team A.C.T fight in RTDX and how well done they did it)
  • Customization features for your Explorer team's scarves, such as patterns and colors. And you can get the keep the scarf when you evolve to your next form.
  • Since the player Pokémon is from the future, I believe the player should be allowed to pick from the future generation Pokémon from Gens 5 - 9, and the partner will stay as Gens 1 - 4.
  • Online features where you can explore dungeons with up to 2-4 players, and rescuing other players.
  • Psyduck, Cubone, and Machop become playable again.
  • More special episodes will be added, such as one for Team Skull and how their team was together and Team Razor Wind should also have a story as well. (They did have some dialogue and story in the anime special but they don't really have a story in the game)
  • Sky jukebox will allow you to listen to music from the previous Mystery Dungeon games such as the OG Rescue Team, the OG Explorers, Gates, Super Mystery Dungeon, and Rescue Team DX.
  • Extra missions for Post-game.
  • The rank system will be the same as Rescue Team DX, where you get to do more missions and have a bigger toolbox.

Honestly I do believe 3-4 years would be enough time for the development team to create the remake, considering they already have the assets from previous games to use and the story was already done from the original.

I hope we do get something for Mystery Dungeon before 2024, because this year is when the Mystery Dungeon game genre hits their 30th anniversary.