Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Who do you think Ash should marry when he grows up?

Comments

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

To be honest? No one. Just let him befriend Pokémon all over the world, the last time he's shown interest in someone was over 20 years ago. His goal is to befriend all Pokémon, why do people want him to be in a relationship anyway? Plus, all the characters are 12 at most. They'll meet new people, develop different opinions, and change. They're a bunch of children, you do not need to ship them. Yes, I do know it's an anime, and that that probably means they'll be and feel the exact same when they grow up. That does not change the fact that it's creepy. Serena is probably part if the reason I dislike the XY series, because it just feels forced and weird. They are children.

• UnovanZorua

Also, I mean this in a polite way, that's not very good writing. You need to actually make a story, not bring back old characters to make your ships come true.

• UnovanZorua

I think you're aiming a bit too high, and there's no way Pokémon would be okay with you writing canon fanfiction about Ash returning. I don't mean this in an offensive way, but that's not very good writing and is too much fan service. It'd feel forced too. I recommend studying writing if you really want to work there, you have to actually write decent things, not just bring back old characters.

(Again, I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just informing you of possible mistakes and flaws)

• UnovanZorua

I just want to apologise my comments kept turning into drafts and I did not know they'd be posted 5 hours after I deleted them. Sorry.

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

@UnovanZorua Once I work for the Pokemon Company, You'd be surprise in the writing I'm capable of. Also, My strategy is to write the story in advanced and it's not fanfiction if I don't post anything out in public. Amourshipping forever! Ash and Serena are meant for each other.

• jbryaniii
    jbryaniii Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Answer

OMG, I was thinking that Serena was meant for him! I would DEFINITELY pick Serena.

• UnovanZorua
    @MajorBrendan (looks like what I tried saying was too long, so I'll try to make this shorter... by making the text size small and annoying. Please approve this, I'm giving someone writing advice)
    Okay, but do you think writing is so simple? Pokémon is a kids anime, with action and comedy. Romance just feels forced since that isn't the series's focus. Plus, bringing Ash back so soon in a mainline series is not a good idea. I've been studying writing for quite a while now, and you saying that bringing back a ship from over 10 years ago (which is between kids who are 10/11) and reintroducing an old protagonist is a good idea is just... What?
    Plus, you're forgetting how difficult a job is. The years of experience and knowledge, but it doesn't look like you have that since you don't understand it's targeted at kids, and showing kids two people who are 10/11 in a relationship is not good. Why do you think the kiss was censored? Did you know that another reason is that since Ash is the protagonist and it's not a good idea to make a ship involving him canon? Can we just have the better story theme of friendship and care, which is what kids should learn instead?
    (By the way, there's a lot more to get that job. You'd have to learn Japanese since that's where the Anime is from, you'd have to understand how to work and write, and, of course, have a lot of work experience since we're talking about one of the biggest companies in the world. I probably forgot other stuff too.)
  • Bolt_Boy25
    Bolt_Boy25 Member Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes 25 Agrees 100 Comments 25 LOLs

@UnovanZorua please be kind to @MajorBrendan his opinions are valued and I agree with them

• UnovanZorua

I wasn't trying to be mean, I've been learning writing for a while, and had to give some constructive criticism. I might have sounded mad, so sorry for that, I'm not the best when it comes to emotions on text.

Not every kind of criticism is just hating someone, we need to acknowledge the flaws of a story to make it good. I explained my points in my comment. Pure hopes and dreams won't make a story good, and you have to look at any negatives in your story. What will the effect of ( ) be, in story and to readers? Does it make sense? Is it a good idea for your business? I explained why Ash returning or a ship becoming canon would not be the best idea, especially since they just removed him. It's not being mean, it's just pointing out the negatives of the idea. If you want Ash to return so bad, his best chance is the I choose you movie's version in new movies.

Returning him so soon would be saying "the new series did awfully and we needed to return Ash to make money again". There's also a reason they changed him, the writers now have much more freedom with their own story and their own characters.