Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokémon TCG Live Development Team Letter #2

Options
TPCi_CursedSoup
TPCi_CursedSoup Administrator Posts: 256 admin
First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs

Trainers, we are excited to share a new message from the Pokémon TCG Live development team!

Learn about new board adjustments, performance improvements, and more coming to #PTCGLive.

https://tcg.pokemon.com/en-us/updates/

Comments

• Therealpokeboi
    Therealpokeboi Member Posts: 28
    5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

wow this does look like an improvement

• FizandFuzzYT
    FizandFuzzYT Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

Kudos for making these changes! Can’t wait to see them in person!

• Mod_Finn
    Mod_Finn Moderator Posts: 116 mod
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Hi Trainers,

We appreciate the feedback.

Have fun in-game.

• ShiningLancer
    ShiningLancer Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options

It looks like the bench, prize card, and deck areas could use a visual update as well. While the active Pokemon now sits in a battlefield area, these other zones are floating in a space disconnected from the game board.

I think there should be an extension to the new battlefield to add space for the benched Pokemon. Even a simple tray that looks like it is attached to the play area would be enough.

• userguy720
    userguy720 Member Posts: 7
    5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Finally the permanent avatars are gone, thank you.

With some of the free space on the edges (on desktop), perhaps consider adding an image of the equipped deck box. I sure do miss being able to see my deck box (and the opponents) in live.

• Baggetto
    Baggetto Member Posts: 97 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 LOLs Name Dropper
    Options

I would prefer if my opponents cards faced him instead of me, I understand why you would have them the other way but it just “looks” weird like I’m fighting my own cards.

Also consider laying down all 6 prize cards like in TCG Online since there is now plenty of space.

It would actually be great if you could add the option in the settings menu so everyone could play the way they want (for both prize cards and cards facing the opponent).

That would improve the experience a lot.

• BradleyLeonard
    BradleyLeonard Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

""Trainers, we are excited to share a new message from the Pokémon TCG Live development team!

Learn about new board adjustments, performance improvements, and more coming to #PTCGLive.

https://tcg.pokemon.com/en-us/updates/""

This Link Shows That"page not found"

• userguy720
    userguy720 Member Posts: 7
    5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Bradley, you need to remove the 2 quotation marks from the end of the url link.

https://tcg.pokemon.com/en-us/updates/

• jon11w
    jon11w Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Anniversary First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

@TPCi_CursedSoup will you be providing feedback from the survey? I and many others spent a lot of time filling it out so it would be great to hear what you learnt from it and how you'll be accommodating our feedback.

Posting on these forums feels like shouting into the void - even though we're posting here to try to help you with the game development - so some sort of summary would be much appreciated.

• TPCi_CursedSoup
    TPCi_CursedSoup Administrator Posts: 256 admin
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

@TPCi_CursedSoup will you be providing feedback from the survey? I and many others spent a lot of time filling it out so it would be great to hear what you learnt from it and how you'll be accommodating our feedback.

Posting on these forums feels like shouting into the void - even though we're posting here to try to help you with the game development - so some sort of summary would be much appreciated.

Hey @jon11w! We're happy to see feedback continuing to come in from the survey. The team will be reviewing all of the in-depth answers provided and what next steps to start looking into.

The conversations and reports here on the forums have helped identify many opportunities for the team to work on and are greatly appreciated.