Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Chromebook/ChromeOS Compatibility

ODLStelco
ODLStelco Member Posts: 1
First Anniversary

Hello PTCGL Team

I have a Chromebook running version 103 of ChromeOS.

While I can download the app from Google Play, the app itself hangs anytime there is a popup window displayed(ie issue with card, update notice), the game just stops with no way to interact with the popup.

If there are no popups, the app gets to the main menu, but only shows a portion of the window, and can't be interacted with in any fashion. Pushing the full screen button or putting the device into tablet mode does not resolve the issue.

Any thoughts as to why we can't use this on a Chromebook?

Answers

• ZenonBerlin
    ZenonBerlin Member Posts: 28
    10 Comments Photogenic

Hey, everyone is facing that issue. I assume you're downloading it through Google Play, which is what I did. It shows it is downloading ca. 100 MB. The Windows client, on the other hand, is 300+ MB. I think that's portion of the issue.

ChromeOS is not Android, but we are downloading the Android client. They're both Linux based, but there are differences, of course.

I have reported this issue as well. I really hope they address this, because I am now using my Windows laptop only to play Live. I wish I can put it back into the box where it belongs. Not sure if they will focus this, given that Chromebooks are the minority of the player community.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

@ZenonBerlin I don't know why you'd think the size of the download means anything. It's not not gonna be the same size on every platform. That's just normal. It doesn't work because the app doesn't officially support Chromebooks, so the devs didn't test it or consider it.

• Virovision
    Virovision Member Posts: 14
    10 Comments Photogenic 5 Agrees Name Dropper

What a complete joke Pokemon Live is. They are canning a perfectly playable and Chromebook compatible game(TCG Online) for a piece of crap game that won't even get past the loading screen on my i3/8GB Chromebook, let alone the older m5/8GB Chromebook my son has. We are basically screwed out playing TCG and using all of the cards/decks we've built up over the past many years. You can't tell me the majority of their Android players are doing this on phones.

• Nitroduck46
    Nitroduck46 Member Posts: 8
    First Comment

Mine hasn't ever gotten past 5/39 on the loading screen and I don't have any physical pokemon cards so I guess that I will never be able to play this game again :( ah well

• Nitroduck46
    Nitroduck46 Member Posts: 8
    First Comment

sorry ODLStelco i dont think you can play it

• Mod_Skrilla
    Mod_Skrilla Moderator Posts: 320 mod
    100 Comments 25 LOLs Second Anniversary 25 Likes

Hello Trainer ODLStelco,

I recommend you open a ticket with the support team. To do so, please visit https://support.pokemon.com/ and then click the Pokémon Trading Card Game Live link. From there click "Contact Us".

• Hi_3V3RYON3
    Hi_3V3RYON3 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

Hi, Trainer ODLStelco.

Apparently, sending a report to Pokemon support does not make them even attempt to make it ChromeOS compatible, there may be a way to enable Trading Card Game Live on chromebook, I'm pretty sure that this method i'm saying is using Linux. You have to enable this and do a little coding in terminal, download the .EXE, and it may be playable. You could also go to Dev mode with the CTRL+REFRESH+POWER + CTRL+V CTRL+V method. This may not work as I have not tested this, but it has a good chance. I hope this helps you, Trainer ODLStelco.

• Hi_3V3RYON3
    First Comment

Hi, Trainer ODLStelco.

Apparently, sending a report to Pokemon support does not make them even attempt to make it ChromeOS compatible, there may be a way to enable Trading Card Game Live on chromebook, I believe that this method i'm saying is Linux. You have to enable this and do a little coding in terminal, download the .EXE, and it may be playable. You could also go to Dev mode with the CTRL+REFRESH+POWER + CTRL+V CTRL+V method. This may not work as I have not tested this, but it has a good chance. I hope this helps you, Trainer ODLStelco.

• Hi_3V3RYON3
    First Comment

Hi, Trainer ODLStelco.

Apparently, sending a report to Pokemon support does not make them even attempt to make it ChromeOS compatible, there may be a way to enable Trading Card Game Live on chromebook, I believe that this method i'm saying is Linux. You have to enable this and do a little coding in terminal, download the .EXE, and it may be playable. You could also go to Dev mode with the CTRL+REFRESH+POWER + CTRL+V CTRL+V method. This may not work as I have not tested this, but it has a good chance. I hope this helps you, Trainer ODLStelco.

• Hi_3V3RYON3
    First Comment

Hi, Trainer ODLStelco.