Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What is your favorite generation of Pokemon?

Rae_Sui2001
Rae_Sui2001 Member Posts: 4
Photogenic First Comment

Honestly just wanted to hear some other perspectives! Generation 5 (BW/BW2) has been my favorite for so long, and I know many people have adopted a similar opinion, but hearing other answers would be fun too!

Answers

• cpm1
    cpm1 Member Posts: 349 ✭✭✭
    25 Answers Second Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees

i like the current gen

• ItsFuzzyPickles
    ItsFuzzyPickles Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 2023 #3

Gen 2, personally.

It improved on what I loved about Gen 1 and made it so much better. I beat those games multiple times when I was growing up.

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 100 Likes

I said this before but Gen 2 was the peak of Pokémon. Without gen 2 we would not have the special stats, breeding, held items, shinies, apricorn balls, radios, rematches, trainers with names, the Steel and Dark types, box legendaries, animated front sprites, day night cycle, box legendaries with lore, and the Battle Tower. Crystal was also the first game with internet connectivity with the mobile adapter.

• High_Summoner
    High_Summoner Member Posts: 7
    First Comment Photogenic

Yeah man, gen 5 is totally the best generation, I especially love how the sleep, freeze counter didn't reset, and had infinite weather turns upon passive weather summon, I especially love how purloin of all things is busted. I like how scarlet and violet get crap for glitches but think this is fine.