Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Criticism, feedback, suggestions for improvement

Options

The new Pokemon live is unfortunately not good. Many criticisms are understandable. There is no statement from the operators, too critical contributions are blocked. Also, the ratings of the game show more than clearly a majority of players are not only disappointed, many leave the game. 

Reasons are quite clear and obvious: 

-The game lacks a barter system

-The balance is not right. The cards are much too expensive for credits. Either you have to get much more credits as reward or all prices should be 1/4 cheaper.

-3 Introduce currencies is a misstep. You should limit them to one.

-Many cards are not playable. A free mode is missing.

-A tournament is missing

-The graphics are too complex. Computers, cell phones etc. succumb to the requirement. Even if you set them lower they are still too high.

-Tasks are missing, the tasks now are solved too fast.

-The design is poorly chosen. Blue / red contrasts triggers health epileptic, there could be introduced a "classic view". So that the game board looks like in TGO

-Missing a card overview, which can only be reached by creating a deck. 

-A lot of filters are missing, which makes searching for cards easier. 

-Booster rewards are mostly related to current cards, which makes it hard to include old boosters. 

-It lacks management and customer proximity. Questions should be addressed in the forum. 

-There should be a classic mode where you can play the old TGO, which would quickly fix many of the problems. 

-The size of the card texts is too small. In deckbuilding mode you can't read anything from a meter away (many play on TV). 

-The glitter and foil card effects don't look good, in the old game they looked like real cards. Now as if doused in oil. 

-It lacks the daily reward ladder in where you always had something to do. It had more than 10 steps

-The 3 dimensional avatars are too one sided, the animations cost unnecessary performance and the winning screen can't be turned off with a skip.

-The prize cards should not be manually clickable on the last prize cards. This costs a lot of time.

-Generally, the game has become much much slower due to many expenses. Many cards have to be drawn first, which was previously possible with one click. The fast game dynamics have suffered badly from this. 

-As for credits, there are also too few crystals that you get. In general, the currency system should be reconsidered from scratch. (for example, I wanted to create a deck for which I would have to buy 20 cards, to get these credits together I would have to invest 6 months of time). 

-5 cards, instead of 10 at the booster draw makes it even more difficult to work on decks. Basically players only play 5 of the same deck, which is very boring. 

-The old booster animation was much better.

-A dark design for a night mode is missing.

-the music is one-sided and should be more varied.

-Soundworks are too soft and can't reproduce the map feeling. In TGO this was perfect. 

-Daily mini-quests are too simple and too few. 

There is still a lot to be done to make TGOLive match TGO. I even recommend a complete downgrade back to TGO, because this was 10000% more mature, while in TGOLive you have the impression that they just broke the basic game. There is an urgent need for management to address this bitter issue. The way Live is now, it's not even close to being as good as the old TGO and has no semblance of ever reaching that class.

The quality of the games has also lost a lot of excitement. There are no more epic battles. Almost one in three uses the same deck. It is given up far too often and you can clearly see that that game loses class. From the best online card game to the worst. Yes, that's my impression. sry. Excuse me, this is not meant to be offensive. But unfortunately it is my impression

Greetings

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    edited July 2023 #2
    Options

The game lacks a barter system

Yeah, that's a good thing. PTCGO was the only major app with trading, and with good reason. Crafting is just better. Live's economy needs work though.

Many cards are not playable. A free mode is missing.

Those cards are unplayable because they don't work yet, not because there's no mode for them. IRL Expanded is still BW-on.

There should be a classic mode where you can play the old TGO, which would quickly fix many of the problems.

You can't just make a mode that's an entire other game lol. The devs don't have access to PTCGO code in the first place.

Everything else is fine I think. It's a little hard to understand some of what's said here though. That said, you're seeing a lot of the same decks because you're playing on Ranked and people want to be competitive there. If you don't want to be competitive and just play silly decks, stick to Casual Mode.

• Gangrils
    Gangrils Member Posts: 21
    First Comment 5 Agrees Name Dropper
    Options

1) It is difficult that this old exchange system was also exploited economically, I agree. However, one must also ask oneself whether this is so bad? There was also with WOW and other games that in-game items became a commodity. This could be countered by real money purchases. But here, too, the question is whether the game does not lose more soul.  One answer would be to limit deception, so that every exchange must be well thought out and thus no real trade would be worthwhile. 

Or you can prohibit it in the terms and conditions and inform larger sales platforms about it. In another game, this worked very well. 

The point of this point is. Swapping is fun and requires a core function of the game. This core point is now completely omitted. Fun should never go away. I would very much like to swap my cards that I don't need. With the currencies that are there now, I can't create decks. It just doesn't work at all because of the far too high cost. As I said, I wanted to build a deck that I would have exchanged in a week. For which I now need 6 months mathematically. But would have to do without EVERYTHING ELSE. This is not real fun. 

2) I can understand. 

3) Not quite. You can also trick a bit and delight "retro" TGO players in a new direction. A free mode, in which you can use all maps, should have its own quest and reward system. e.g. that you can only win old boosters there, which cannot be used in the current game. 

And a very easy step would be to make this game mode playable with an old game board. You don't need the completely old TGO for this. That would simply be a bridge to the classic style. In free play mode, you can then let off steam with decks that are completely free without sacrificing the official way. Here you could integrate the old quests at the same time without integrating a second game into the game. Such as the 12 level reward quest at the end of a "freemode" battle. I think there is a huge potential hidden here. Above all, to make old-school players happy :)

And yes, I'm a casual player. The majority is this. Even for this majority of players, the game should bring joy in a "open" mode. Maybe with an old game board without graphic effects. And all the other rotten magic :D

• Mod_Skrilla
    Mod_Skrilla Moderator Posts: 267 mod
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer First Comment
    Options

Hello Trainer, Thank you for your feedback! Please let us know if you have any other suggestions.

• TechHog
    edited July 2023 #5
    Options

The devs don't have access to PTCGO code. They can't just add it to this game as another mode.

And again, the game already has a casual mode you can use for more "fun" decks.

That said, this entire post just seems like a roundabout "bring back PTCGO" plea more than anything.

• CheersdarlinXo
    CheersdarlinXo Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Ranked should have a leader board like top 100 to top 1000 something like that and the top so people should get an invite to a big online tournament or some money. Money could help with traveling fees to go to regionals or just help in general help. You should be able to chat with people on your friend list that's just strange you can't. Also trading but only cards for cards would be cool. Need to get bugs fixed faster. My main thing is ranked needs a leaderboard at the very least. There needs to be a reason and a goal to want to play ranked. Right now, there's not.

• Forhigher
    Forhigher Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

I want to just repost this ... well said.

• BayMaxFpv
    BayMaxFpv Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Miltanks ability doesn’t actually work when is supposed to.

would love to see that actually fixed. Vmax seems to easily hurt it

• TechHog
    Options

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/comment/15108#Comment_15108I don't know why you randomly posted that here, but it's not a bug. Some Pokémon have attacks that can't be blocked by effects. Common ones are Mew VMAX, Duraludon VMAX, and Giratina V.

• TechHog
    Options