Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Why Do I Always Play Against the Same 3 Decks?

Is there no one who plays this game with any integrity? Every time I play it's Lost Box, Fusion Strike Mew/Genesect, or Chien Pao. Could someone, anyone have enough decency to attempt to put a deck together instead of throw out the same ol cookie cutter nonsense? It's makes the game boring and unworkable. I try to come up with decks, and tweak them, and see what works and what doesn't. Can no one play for the thrill of seeing hard work pay off or do we only just play to win no matter how cheap you get it?

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

If you're a casual player, stick to Casual. People will play the meta on Ranked. Random piles don't win.

• Yip7847
    Yip7847 Member Posts: 13
    10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic

You're completely right. I spend hours putting together decks and then I just see people with the same decks. For me, it's the Arceus deck, a Chien Pao deck, or a Origin Forme Dialga VStar. I really wish the devs would make the matchmaking based off of the deck you're using. I had a really good game VS a Gyarados VMax water type deck. Only game I feel like I didn't win just to stupid type match-ups. (I was using a electric type deck at that moment.)