Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Tips for new players?

Options
sweatylilgrill
sweatylilgrill Member Posts: 3
Name Dropper First Comment

I have played 2 games and lost both so far. I have never played the physical TCG either. Does anyone have any tips for winning? TIA!

Best Answers

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    #2 Answer ✓
    Options

About the decks and how to play... a good starting point it's to watch the top content creators that have videos about how to improve the free decks, that way you can have decks that have better chances to win without spending too much (or if you have enough credits build the top decks they also usually talk about). Usually they also explain how to play and good strategies.

About the rest it's important to do the daily quests and finish the Battle Pass, also make sure you save enough Crystals to buy the Premium Battle Pass, this way you will have more/better cards and will make it easier to build stronger decks and adapt them as the meta changes so you can keep a good winning rate.

Then it's a matter of patience and practice, the more games you play the better you will be and less mistakes you will make. Also when the meta gets more stable with enough games played you will know the strategy on how to play against practically all the meta decks.

• uncomonfossil
    uncomonfossil Member Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes 5 Agrees
    #3 Answer ✓
    Options

1 - Practice. The game takes take to learn, which is ultimately a good thing.

2 - Grow your collection through the Battle Pass, especially through completing the Daily Challenges. You should have enough time to get to Tier 50, but if you fall a bit short, that's OK.

3 - Pick an easier deck to play, and keep playing it until you are comfortable with it. Jumping between decks will make it harder to get better.

4 - Watch some of the YouTubers. You can easily find a number of channels to choose from. And you can always check out my channel, uncomonfossil.

Answers