Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Feedback from my experience on PC so far

Options
Merty397
Merty397 Member Posts: 1
Photogenic First Comment

A little background before the feedback: I live in Mexico and decided to migrate when I heard the news, mainly because of the chances of feedback. I come from Halo, that has recently had a beta and release process that is somewhat relatable to this game's current one in terms of community reception and various other parts. What makes this relevant is that I understand the constant bombardment of non-constructive feedback and unhelpful comments, so I hope I can provide some useful ones.

Positive feedback:

• The music for the main menu and battles is well composed.I like the main menu music a lot, mainly because the first few notes remind me to the Global Trading Station website from back in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl in 2009.I must say though, I would also like a calmer version with less BPM.
  • Effects that affect HP and damage change the numbers of the card.This is great for people who may forget to read or may forget to do the math for their next move, I know it's happened to me.

Neutral feedback:

• When using the game for the first time, the resolution is set to 1366x768.To pass the tutorial comfortably, I believe the game should auto-detect the main monitor's resolution and set the game's resolution to it, or maybe we could be asked to set the resolution manually, since the game already asks about it in the first minutes.
  • Chances for new rules and game modes.I have noticed that the population is somewhat low, since it takes a long time or a client restart to find a match, but it's a possibility for innovation: We have standard and expanded, and within those game modes there could be special playlists such as one to play with Pokémon with no rule boxes (No radiant Pokémon either), or with monotype decks, or any other rotational special playlist you would add. This to bring some more variety to the game.
    • Card Library should have its own section.I don't like having to edit an existing deck or create a new one to look at the cards I own. As someone who enjoys looking at the cards and the art, I believe there should be an independent section for us to see our owned cards.Additionally, regardless if this feature is implemented or not, I think the game should also remember our card filtering preferences. For instance, I prefer to filter by expansion, but the game always defaults to alphabetical order.
    • Only today I noticed we can change the filters for cards such as the Poké Balls to check the rest of our deck.I thought this was a bug or a feature removal for some cards, but in reality it's the filters section. I'd never noticed before. Maybe you could change its color from black to something more noticeable so we know it's there?
    • In battle, the cards are defaulting to lower quality when played.Which is a bit strange given how earlier I played against another player and when they played a card, it would momentarily be a high quality version but then it'd turn into a lower quality version.
  • For communication, the forum and/or the support section could use a list of known issues and planned features. More than anything giving people a clue of what to expect or what to not report anymore since it's already on a list.

Negative feedback:

• Sometimes the game is too slow, sometimes it's too quick.I think the way to make the game go faster or at least at the correct pace for me is to allow us to click and skip a card's animation. Currently if we click, the battle "table"'s display will do a little light animation. Not being able to skip an animation is a bit frustrating. Maybe we could have both the animation skip and the table animation to keep up the pace.
  • When you want to finish editing an unfinished deck (i.e. it has cards that you don't own) the prompted options are confusing.If I'm editing an incomplete deck or import it to set goals and get the cards later, the game will give me two options to do something: Exit and Close. To me these words are the same thing and it was very confusing on my first days, so I suggest the word Close is changed to Return, that way I know I'm returning to edit my deck.
  • The rainbow layer on Full Art cards is over the Pokémon's layer instead of being below it.With rainbow layer I mean the rainbow lines that are supposed to be behind the Pokémon and in front of the background. This happens in Regular Art and Alternate Art cards (i.e. the rainbow is behind Lumineon in the cards BRS 40 and BRS 156, but not BRS 155). This is a bit frustrating since the cards look nice but the rainbow on top is an incentive to avoid them.
  • Changing a card's style in a deck when you have multiple rarities is confusing.Let's suppose I imported a deck and got a Regular Art card in it, but I want to change that card to a Full Art card I have. I'll edit the deck, select the card I want to change, click on Available, and click on the card rarity I want for the deck. But no matter what I do, the game won't replace the card, only add it to the deck. In order to change the card's rarity I need to remove the four cards I already have, and put them all over again.
  • Maybe to avoid it, card stacking could be set as optional, that way we can select the card rarity that we want.
  • This is mostly based on the scroll wheel's sensitivity in some areas of the game. For instance, the scroll wheel doesn't have as much sensitivity as dragging the list with the mouse. On the profile section, the sensitivity when I move my avatar feels too low, and I think there shouldn't be any movement after I let go of the mouse in order to see the angle I want to see.
    • A separate example I can provide is when I have to select a Pokémon to perform an action from an item or card effects, such as Trinity Nova's energy function. I'd prefer to just click on the Pokémon the energies are going to, rather than drag them with the mouse (Which I'd suspect is more adapted to fingers on mobile). Same could go towards damage counters.Honestly, I'd just prefer if that part of the game behaved like the other client, since it's a hard habit to break.
  • Browsing some parts of the menu seems more adapted to mobile platforms than PC.
    • The catchphrases and poses need more humble/mature content.When selecting an intro catchphrase, I didn't like any so I ended up with the box full of suspensive periods. "I just ate a whole bottle of ketchup", "I suppose I could use a warm-up round", "Don't be mad that you lost. Be happy that I won!", all those catchphrases and I don't see many that show respect for the other player. Same with the victory poses. Ultimate Fist Pump is the one I picked because I think the other two are laughing at the other player, which to me is a disrespectful action.

Comments

• jon11w
    jon11w Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Anniversary First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

To expand on the editing a deck point; there should be a save option and a discard changes option. Currently any change is saved automatically which is not good for playing around with different ideas.