Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

ways to improve this deck?

Options
SSonic32x
SSonic32x Member Posts: 1

I had to make a poor man's deck out of the few cards I had and ended up making a deck centered around mewtwo and giratina and I was wondering about ways to improve the deck I came up with.

The deck

Giratina V x2

Giratina Vstar x2

Mewtwo V x2 

Mewtwo Vstar x2

Comfey x2

Bidoof x2

Bibarel x2

Arceus V x1

Exp share x2

Judge x2

Colresses experiment x2

Bosses orders x2

Gardinas vigor x2

Professors research x2

Path to the park x2

Energy recycle x1

Energy retrieval x2

Mirage gate x2

Energy switch x1

Escape rope x2

Switch x3

Ultra ball x2

Nest ball x2

Psychic energy x7

Grass energy x5

Double colorless energy x4

Answers

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

In my opinion it's generally better to have a deck centered around only one vstar, because you can only use the vstar power once in a game. That's not a mechanic that's ideal to spread thin in a deck, I think.

as for some more technical notes. why would you run a card that actively discards energies to attack (mewtwo vstar) and only have 3 cards in your entire deck to retrieve them? And mewtwo vstar unfortunately often falls just shy of a knockout for many mons as it only hits 270 without any boosts (there are several meta decks where you want to hit at least 280). You do not have any boosts (choice belt/choice band) listed in your deck. Star raid isn't bad but it's already much less useful now than it was before SV.

I feel like this build is also lacking on ways to put pokemon on the bench — only two total pokeballs, and only two comfey. A decent lost zone deck should aim for 3-4 comfey, and the same for colress, as it can already be slower to setup than some decks so you want to reach the 7-10 lost zone threshold (for mirage gate and giratina's vstar attack, respectively) as soon as possible.

16 total energies is a lot for a lost zone deck, by the way. At the very least i'd suggest substituting double turbo for jet energy to make switching something you need in the active spot easier.

path to the peak is actually a solid stadium choice here. getting one in play on turn 1 can buy you multiple turns against decks that rely heavily on abilities (mew, chien-pao, and miraidon being the most notable ones)

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Agrees
    Options

My Giratina deck is this

Pokémon: 8

1 Giratina VSTAR CRZ-GG 69

2 Giratina V LOR 130

4 Comfey LOR 79

2 Giratina VSTAR LOR 131

1 Sableye LOR 70

1 Giratina V LOR 186

1 Cramorant LOR 50

1 Drapion V CRZ-GG 49

Trainer: 15

2 Ultra Ball SVI 196

4 Switch SVI 194

4 Escape Rope BST 125

2 Lance SIT 159

2 Lost Vacuum LOR 162

1 Lost City LOR 161

1 Iono PAL 185

1 Ultra Ball BRS 186

1 Sky Seal Stone CRZ 143

4 Mirage Gate LOR 163

4 Nest Ball SVI 181

3 Colress's Experiment LOR 155

1 Boss's Orders RCL 189

1 Colress's Experiment LOR 190

2 Beach Court SVI 167

Energy: 3

7 Basic {G} Energy SVE 1

6 Basic {P} Energy SVE 5

1 Basic {P} Energy CRZ 156

Total Cards: 60

feel free to mess around with it until you feel comfortable with it

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    edited June 2023 #4
    Options

Too many Pokemon, too much energy, too few trainers. This deck also has too much going on. What do you even want to do with this deck? You seem extremely confused, trying to have like 3 different strategies going at once.

ArcTina

Lost Box Giratina

Pick one. Mewtwo VSTAR is just bad so I'm ignoring that one.

For future reference, if you ever build a deck where none of the Pokémon or trainers have 4 copies, throw the whole thing out and start over. It means that you have too many ideas going on and there won't be any consistency.