Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

MUTE THE AVATAR REACTIONS!

Options

People in charge of the game… if you insist that the avatar reaction/emotes function is absolutely necessary to the game, then please for the love of god give us a mute button. People only seem to use their avatars to mock and taunt their opponents, and it’s creating a very toxic playing environment. I’m one of probably hundreds of people here requesting this. Listen to your users. Please.

Comments

• nyxtyr
    nyxtyr Member Posts: 10
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

The mocking and taunting is huge. This definitely needs reviewed with some more options.

• Scarzig
    Scarzig Member Posts: 6
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Yeah we need a mute, even a lot of the win quotes are BM

• TheBumblingB
    TheBumblingB Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I'm just curious on why it was introduced in the first place. Same for some of those quotes they added. You would not be able to do this in a live battle, why is it okay in the digital one?

• grriffinn
    grriffinn Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
    5 Agrees First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Likes
    Options

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/comment/12809#Comment_12809It was probably done because similar stuff is used in other TCG apps, I know it’s why we have those disgraceful end match animations that make question if TPCi ever asked a mental health professional if such an enraging thing should be implemented in a highly-competitive game.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/comment/14580#Comment_14580Er... While this is a problem, in what world do devs ask mental health professionals about emotes?

• Gangrils
    Gangrils Member Posts: 21
    First Comment 5 Agrees Name Dropper
    Options

With us at real tournaments you would be disqualified for some of the actions. Which has already happened. How can this be normal in Live? The complete victory pose should be taken out. This is degrading and enormously unsportsmanlike.

I don't like to mention the old game, but back then the emotes were all neutral and sporty. One could only praise the opponent . Now we have "bashing" I tested it out of interest. and has already experienced it. You can annoy players so much that they give up. This simply cannot be allowed to happen. 

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

THE REACTIONS ARE ABSOLUTE TRASH! I am so glad people have the same fury as I do for these stupid things. As a competitive player, I appreciate being able to concentrate on what I'm doing, and in some of my more serious games, I'll go an entire game without ever talking to my opponent! Then I'm playing against some random kid, and this idiot is spamming thumbs-down against me! It's so annoying and distracting! And the worst feature is the text thingies that you can say at the beginning of the match, and once you get the victory. Like, some of the goofier ones are actually funny, like "I just ate a whole bottle of ketchup," and "Don't you just love Mudkip?" But then there are stupidly toxic ones like "Guess you couldn't take the heat!" That's so mean! It's just a game! I seriously don't understand the necessity for this feature.

• BeadedDragon
    BeadedDragon Member Posts: 3
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

I guess PTCGL just want someone starting to take CLASS ACTION against them and then they will eventually listen.

• Mod_Skrilla
    Mod_Skrilla Moderator Posts: 267 mod
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer First Comment
    Options

Hey there, Trainer.s Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas about TCG Live. If you ever have more ideas or questions, feel free to drop them here. Your feedback is a big part of making the game even better. Thanks for being a part of our community!

• emmienemmy
    emmienemmy Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

ive been using them recently for when I see a good play done by my opponent! Or crying when a card doesn’t work as intended…. I was thinking that an applause emote might be more fitting though.