Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Are Tournaments coming back?

Back in TGC Online, it was possible to make a Tournament with your "Ticket" currency. The Tournament could give you prizes like money, cards & etc. I am wondering if it's coming back or not? Thoughts on it?

Answers

• Arigonaut
    Arigonaut Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

Hmm. I don’t think so. They already have so many bugs in the game, if they were to add another feature before fixing them, well, it wouldn’t be very smart. Plus, having four forms of currency is a lot.

• Rateiosu
    Rateiosu Member Posts: 13
    Name Dropper 10 Comments Photogenic First Answer

I don't think the [create tournament] feature will return. Registered Tournament Organizers (yes, the ones with the role) can hold tournaments using TCG Live, same as it was before with TCGO; but aside that, I don't think so.

• nyxtyr
    nyxtyr Member Posts: 10
    First Comment Name Dropper

I really hope they bring back tournaments for the casual players again. I enjoyed these and even won a few.

@Arigonaut Nintendo and pokemon aren't some indie companies they can fix the current bugs and get old features added no reason to choose between the two.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

Nintendo has no role in this game whatsoever. Neither does The Pokémon Company proper (in Japan). This game sadly doesn't have the resources available that you'd think. It should be much better, but even in the best case it wouldn't really be competitive with the best TCG apps.

• Yip7847
    Yip7847 Member Posts: 13
    5 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper

Nintendo doesn't? Only TPC America has influence over TCG Live? That really makes sense with all of these bugs.

• tommyK2020
    tommyK2020 Member Posts: 11
    Photogenic First Comment Name Dropper

Probably not. Tournaments are basically just using different types of decks in a bracket matchup, which you can easily do in ranked battles. Just select the deck you want and battle. Besides, the new game already has 2 currencies. It would be hard incorporating the third without chests.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

TPC International to be more specific, but yes. A subsidiary of a subsidiary. This doesn't have the full backing of the IP behind it, which is why even in the best case this would have looked horrible next to Master Duel.