Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Will expanded get added to the ranked play? I don't really play standad play.

Will expanded get added to the ranked play? I don't really play standad play.

Best Answer

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers 500 Comments
    #2 Answer ✓

I don't see why it shouldn't, the current ranked ladder doesn't mean that much, no reason to limit it to Standard. Mostly what it really does is to make players not give up easily, use good decks and adds a litlle extra reason to play after daily quests are done.

Also the rewards it offers are not that significant since most of the top decks are almost free with few credits needed for adjustments.

Allowing Expanded in ranked ladder would give that extra bit motivation for Expanded players to play more games and more often. So I only see positive things if Expanded gets ranked too.

Answers

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

But would having two ranked ladders be a good idea? Especially since Expanded on PTCGO was donk spam and on Live it's completely broken.

I don't think they should do it until they have things under control and a much larger team.

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers 500 Comments

Expanded had a significant player base in TCG Online, many players enjoy that faster paced game play (it was fun to play online time to time for me too) and we were able to play the old ladder like the other formats, I don't see why it shouldn't have access to a ranked ladder.

At this point I agree it's probably too much to ask for this dev team considering the amount of critical issues the game has, but for sure I wouldn't mind to have that feature when possible and the hard core Expanded players for sure would welcome it too.