Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Need suggestions on how to properly play Ting-Lu ex deck

Options
Lunetia
Lunetia Member Posts: 6
First Comment

What's the optimal set up here? Should i take the first two turn skipping attack phase to power up my 2 Ting-Lu? In my experience when I'm only powering up one Ting-Lu sometime it's fine only if I'm always getting energy on every next turn, but that's not always the case, sometimes my Ting-Lu got knocked out and my benched Ting-Lu doesn't have enough energy to attack, that's making me to skip a precious attack phase, i know exp share can help in this situation but exp share is not always come out on the right time, please educated me on how to properly play this deck?

Pardon my poor English language, English is not my first language

Comments

• SBR-Crash
    SBR-Crash Member Posts: 29
    5 LOLs Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

I always bench 2 but I haven't played a game where I can't attack with ting turn 2, won 9 in a row with it last night it's a really fun deck.

Shuts down almost everything

• Snorlax622736
    Snorlax622736 Member Posts: 52
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes Photogenic
    Options

General theory is this:

Turn one start up you want to have at least one Ting Lu in the active and one on the bench to prevent escape rope. Bench a Squawkabilly to dig further into your deck turn one and to get 2x Fighting energy into the discard. Use bench and use Koraidan ex ability to place discarded fighting energy onto the Ting Lu that ends your turn but you should be attacking turn 2. Ideally Pickaxe found some energy to place on your benched Ting Lu. If you go second it is important to put down a hawlucha to put damage counters on your opponent's pokemon so Ting Lu can block their ability. Bench Radiant Alakazam to move energy especially to active if needed. Also if you can avoid it don't bench the Squawkabilly as it is a prize liability later.

So if you go first you want your setup to be:

Active: Ting Lu (2 energy)

Bench: Ting Lu (1 energy), Koraidan, Squakability (if needed), Radiant Alakazam

In hand: Hawlucha, draw supporter, energy

If you go second:

Active: Ting Lu (2 energy)

Bench: Ting Lu (1 energy), Koraidan, Squakability (if needed), Hawlucha (or two to shut down abilities), Radiant Alakazam

In hand: Draw supporter, energy

Bonus: Benching Spiritomb is really affective against Mew and Lugia (highly reliant on Lumineon)

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

I've also seen people running ting lu with gapejaw bog (generates damage counters onto mons placed onto the bench so you don't have to do as much work) and dyna tree hill (prevents healing so the damage counters can't be removed easily). Collapsed stadium is also an option as you can use it to clear sqwuakabilly from your bench before it becomes a liability, if your bench is full. I do think it's worth considering these and/or a card to remove stadiums (lost vacuum or worker, your choice), as you don't want path to the peak on the board.

worth noting that ting lu will likely struggle against mew vmax unless your opponent just cannot get set up fast enough, as that deck has an easier out – prioritizing genesect for fusion strike energy with elesa's sparkle – as well as, of course, resisting fighting damage, but if you can knock out the mews before they evolve and/or clear the FSE off the board (if you've been waiting for a chance to use Giacomo in a deck, this is as good a time as any), you'll probably be fine, especially if you have bravery charms attached to the ting lu because hitting 300 damage is a lot harder for mew without melodious echo.

• kot123456
    kot123456 Member Posts: 107 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Likes First Anniversary
    Options

Since your base damage with Ting Lu is too low, you never want to spend a turn not attacking except maybe the first turn, and that will be the turn where you use Koraidon. Generally on your first turn, you want to attach for turn to a benched Ting Lu and Koraidon's ability to the active Ting Lu. Its easy to get 2 or more fighting energies in the discard thanks to Squawkabilly and other discard cards. Make sure to know the metagame and what cards will be the most valuable to spread damage to and disable abilities of, also dont be scared to sacrifice a Hawlucha or Alakazam when youre setting up, so you can force your opponent into a 7 prize gameplan. Other than that you just attack and place damage counters accordingly. Its a fun deck and would be funnier if there was ingame chat.

• Stone489990
    Stone489990 Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

I say leave ting-Lu on the bench and use Koraidon ex as your attacker