Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.
Important Notice for Pokémon TCG Live:

The code card redemption service will be temporarily offline during routine server maintenance on April 23, starting at 15:00 UTC.

Where is the balancing?

Just started TCG Live, long time pokemon tcg online player. BACK TO BACK MATCHES I was put at type disadvantage or rng will not act in my favor. Will for my opponent, don't you worry. They will get all they need. Implement something that helps people on losing streaks get put against someone at their level. The current match making does not work. I just have the basic deck, playing standard, and put up against people with all the cards.

Answers

• 911child
    911child Member Posts: 8
    Name Dropper First Comment

6 games. All loses. Where is the balance

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 364
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    ✭✭✭

Also dislike it, that's one more thing TCG Oline did better... TCG Live has a very poor matchmaking mechanism for sure, almost feels random.

• grriffinn
    grriffinn Member Posts: 106
    5 Agrees First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Likes
    ✭✭

Live’s RNG is screwy in general. I’ve occasionally been paired with the exact same opponent I battled previously , gotten an abnormally-high amounts of mulligans from a deck that doesn’t mulligan very often when played IRL, I’ve been paired with players that aren’t even in the same League as me, etc., etc…

• 911child

Even this forum is jank. I replied 3 times, but my comment won't get posted.

• 911child

Unless I am mistaken, it would be nice to be able to block people. Still waiting for them to implement a losing streak buff where you can get better hands or placed against someone worse than you.

• 911child

this game is pain

• 911child

IMAGINE THIS GAME PUTITNG PEOPLE AT THE SAME SKILL LEVEL TOGETHER. NOT THIS GAME. NOPE. IMAGINE A BUFFER FOR PEOPLE ON A LOSING STREAK. NOPE. NOT THIS GAME. IMAGINE MAYBE HELPING SOMEONE WITH 12 GAMES UNDER THEIR BELT, 11 LOSSES AND 1 WIN (person left), NOT THIS GAME.

I love pokemon and pokemon tcg but I hate this game. The fun has been siphoned from this game.

• 911child

0 wins (not counting the person leaving) 12 losses of 13 games.

Where is the balancing?

• 911child

I have a chance if it is random. It feels like I'm put up against players who are either better at the game, or who have type adv. I've seen the 'you have no basic pokemon' 3 times now, I have had not seen my opponent with such luck. They get all they need.

• Spoonerys
    Spoonerys Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

TCG Live is meant to be a proxy for the IRL card game. They can’t add special buffs for losing streaks or guarantee you get “the pieces you need” on your initial draw or it changes the whole game dynamic.

Similar to people wanting cards changed to make them more balanced. They can’t do that in real life once they’re printed, so you’d start to get two different games evolving (the table top card game and Live)

assuming the background coding is done properly and the deal mechanic works right, there will be times where you just don’t get cards you want. That’s how statistics work. Play long enough, and you would see it normalize over many many hands, but any one opening hand is just as random as any other.