Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

The new op deck in my opinion.

Options
705zommer
705zommer Member Posts: 4
First Comment

I made a deck consisting of the new Forretress ex and Wo-Chien ex. This deck is strong if you know how to use it. You can knock out ur forretress ex to search ur deck for 5 energy cards and attach to your pokemon in anyway you like. This ability is handy cause u can power up your Wo-Chien ex and then use its first attack for three energy to do 60 damage for each prize card your opponent has taken. This is the cool part. You can do 120 damage if you made your opponent take 2 prize cards from the knocked out Forretress ex.

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Ok

• SBR-Crash
    SBR-Crash Member Posts: 29
    5 LOLs Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

I faced that deck it's far too slow I wouldn't worry about seeing it much

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

So a few things about this deck I've noticed.

1) if you don't know how to set up properly giving your opponent free prizes can backfire *very fast*. I don't think this would be a good deck for inexperienced players.

2) quite a few meta decks have the Wave Veil Manaphy, which would block the damage from Wo-Chien. There are also decks that do much more efficient snipe damage, in my opinion (lost box sableye circumvents wave veil! and any deck that can use radiant greninja to attack can throw 90 at two benched mons without letting your opponent take two prizes, if there's no manaphy on the board)

3) Wo-Chien's other attack isn't particularly efficient (for comparison, Chien-Pao can deal 240 damage vs 220 for the same 4 energy and accelerate without sacrificing prize cards), so I'm hoping you're at least running Shaymin Vstar in this deck? It does have to be vstar I think, as it doesn't have enough hitting power to justify a prize disadvantage otherwise. It's still not great but it can deal 200 for 2 energy compared to Wo-Chien's 220 for 4 energy. Or maybe just build a spidops deck :p

• raykhamis
    raykhamis Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I have played against that deck twice. Smashed it both times. I wouldn't worry about it being meta.

• Darkscythe74
    Darkscythe74 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

It is fun to play, but that deck is not capable of competing with most of the current metagame