Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Does TCG Live have the ability to play against the computer (not a real person?)

Was playing the previous TCG (mac) with my 4-yr old and he loved going through the training matches with those computer-generated characters. Is that not available on TCG Live? I get the point is to play with others but some like the younger set don't care to be demolished by someone with all the fancy cards and a well established deck. I can no longer log onto the old app and it seems like the new app doesn't have that feature. Would love to be wrong - tell me how I can access!

Answers

• ZGriff88
    ZGriff88 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

My son was actually asking me this exact same thing. We got him the new version and immediately he asked how to do the npc challenge stuff.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

You can test your deck against a really bad AI, but there's no actual mode.

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

Yes, in TCG Live you can play against the computer. To do it go to your decks, select your deck and click on the "Test Deck".

• MissBungle
    MissBungle Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I tested a deck today, and the app went landscape. Not only that, it stayed that way playing in Ranked. I was so so happy. The game was actually enjoyable. The next time I opened my app it was back to portrait. =(

I tried to make it landscape again and couldn’t. Any suggestions anyone?

• CatRadish1Up
    CatRadish1Up Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

I tried the test deck feature. It is somewhat similar but I we still found that we had to go back and change a lot about the deck to make it functional. I’m sure this is specific to having a little kid, but we miss the ease of playing those characters. I don’t even remember what that mode is called or where it was located. It was the only way we actually ever played, and I think it was some kind of learning mode. But obviously cannot get back into the old app to even see what it was called.

• SBR-Crash
    SBR-Crash Member Posts: 29
    Name Dropper 5 LOLs 10 Comments

Yeah click on your deck and press test deck, it will put you against a brain dead AI but good for learning :)

• CatRadish1Up
    CatRadish1Up Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

I tried the test deck feature. It is somewhat similar but I we still found that we had to go back and change a lot about the deck to make it functional. I’m sure this is specific to having a little kid, but we miss the ease of playing those characters. I don’t even remember what that mode is called or where it was located. It was the only way we actually ever played, and I think it was some kind of learning mode. But obviously cannot get back into the old app to even see what it was called.