Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Hi, just migrated over to the new pokemon TCG live and a lot of my cards have been banned or illegal

Options
Themidnightyeti
Themidnightyeti Member Posts: 2
First Comment Photogenic

Just migrated and all my old decks aren't playable anymore? Is it because there are new bans on certain Pokémon cards? or is it where they wont be like this when the game actually releases?

So all of my decks that I used on the old TCG, aren't playable anymore?

Basically, is this something new or is it where the cards will eventually be playable once the game has officially been released?

Answers

• AoTF
    AoTF Member Posts: 18
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

Right now only cards from Sun and Moon forward are legal atm in expanded.They should be adding the other cards soon hopefully

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Cards from the BW and XY eras don't work in the game yet. We don't know when they'll be playable,, but it won't be in time for the official release next week. With how hard the devs are struggling right now, unless TPCi makes drastic changes to development they'll never realistically have time to work on the old cards.

• uncomonfossil
    uncomonfossil Member Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes 5 Agrees
    Options

If you are building decks for the Standard format, Rotation happened with the release of Scarlet & Violet, but Rotation did not happen in PTCGO. Rotation happens each year, when one full year of the older cards are removed from play. Rotation this year removed the cards with a D Regulation mark, such as Quick Ball.

• Themidnightyeti
    Themidnightyeti Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Brilliant thank you everyone, figure I can still use a lot of my older cards with expanded beta. So at the minute it’s just seeing what happens with updates and the release!

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

I will not change on game release. And it's expected because TCG Live did the 2023 rotation in Standard Format, and TCG Online didn't.

So now cards with the “D” regulation mark will no longer be legal for play in the 2023 Standard format. Cards with “E” and “F” regulation marks will be legal to use (as will any future regulation marks that may be released). Even if a card is from a recently released expansion, players will need to refer to the regulation mark on the bottom of the card to see whether that card is legal for play.

Older versions of cards that don’t have a regulation mark can still be used if the card is currently legal for play. For example, the card Rare Candy from the Sun & Moon expansion can still be used because the card Rare Candy from the Pokémon TCG: Pokémon GO expansion has an “F” regulation mark. And even though the card Boss’s Orders (Giovanni) from the Sword & Shield—Rebel Clash expansion has a “D” regulation mark (which is rotating out of the Standard format), it can still be used because the card Boss’s Orders (Cyrus) from the Sword & Shield—Brilliant Stars expansion has an “F” regulation mark.

To play those pre-rotation decks you will have to make ajustments for Standard or make them in Expanded format as long as they only have cards from Sun & Moon forward.