Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

PTCG Online ends June 5th 2023! PTCG Live Beta ends June 8th 2023!

Options

Pokemon has officially announced the end of Pokémon TCG Online on June 5, 2023, at 9:00 a.m. PDT. It will be removed from the App Store, Google Play, and Pokemon.com and game servers will be shut down.

Then on June 8, 2023, at 10 a.m. PDT the Pokémon TCG Live game will officially launch (so no more Beta excuses in a month from now).

I can't tell if this is good or bad news I guess we will see in about a month from now. Lets hope for the best!

Comments

• Lygars
    Lygars Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

The migration can be done until the last day of TCG Online (June 5th) right?

• 10types
    10types Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes
    Options

@Lygars they said that migration can actually be done after live releases. Not sure what that means tho

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Really hoping some of the more gamebreaking problems are mitigated by "release" but I feel like it's not likely to change much in under 6 weeks 🫠

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Maybe they are saving a big surprise update for the official release day... yup I know it's silly to believe that...

Probably we will just get some sort of special gift deck box with sleeves again, few fixes and some more new bugs hehe

• grriffinn
    grriffinn Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
    5 Agrees First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Likes
    Options

I don't know, the dev team still hasn't fixed the issues regarding the game crashing on iOS devices. I can haven't played the game properly on my iPhone 8 since December and the crashes have only gotten progressively worse since.

• TurboWesties
    TurboWesties Member Posts: 12
    First Comment 5 Agrees
    Options

Agreed. They really need to get on the iPad/iOS issues, it’s pretty much unplayable as is

• Hawtiebabe
    Hawtiebabe Member Posts: 9
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2023 #8
    Options

That might have to do more with the hardware(specifically ram) than the platform. The platform has a lot of problems, but I haven’t had problems with crashing on my iPad(8th gen) or IPhone(iPhone 13 ProMax). I know I had problems with my iPhone 7 and iPad Air(don’t recall if it was 1st or 2nd Gen) running newer programs and I believe the hardware between the 7 and 8 are pretty comparable.

• TurboWesties
    First Comment 5 Agrees
    Options

• TurboWesties
    First Comment 5 Agrees
    Options

My iPad Pro 11” with latest iOS 16.4.1 crashes regularly with this app. All it requires is leaving the app (say to check mail) and returning to it. At that point it crashes

• grriffinn
    grriffinn Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
    5 Agrees First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Likes
    Options

I had a feeling that was the case. I just did some research and both models have 2 GBs of RAM, I guess that means it was more down to luck that Live could run on that ~5 year-old iPhone. I ended up upgrading from said phone yesterday to an iPhone 14 Pro Max and that fixed the crashing, the phone still overheats like crazy when running the app.

I’ve had similar issues with my iPad Pro but I tend to chalk that up due to how iPad/iPhone apps access the internet when they’re not actively being used. Those same issues would also occur with Online and GO if I stray away from those apps for too long but they would be written down as lost connections.