Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Suggestion: Speed up the game start by letting us select coin toss and start order in advance

I feel like the current questions at the start of a match take too long. Part of this is animation time, but there's also waiting for player input when there's no real need. I think 2 options can be added to speed this up:

1 - On our profile, let us select about coin toss: Always ask (default), Always heads, Always tails

2- On each deck profile, let us select start order: Always ask (default), Always go first, Always go second

Both this options combined would save minutes of waiting time, and there's no real downside since they are not forced.

Comments

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments

Sory but your point makes no sence to me, just for starters... what if both players had the same configuration? Probably that would happen most of the time in this current meta, almost every top deck wants to go 1st making that configuration useless. So in most of the games if not all you would wait the same time...

To improve the wasted time the best approach would be making the animation assynchronously like PTCG Oline and remove unnecessary clicks like the "Done" button when you can't do anything else but click on it.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 705 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

I personally like that idea, in addition, if both players want the same person to go first we can eliminate the coin toss that round.

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments

What if you play multiple decks and some you prefer to go 1st and others you want to go 2nd... you need to adjust the settings all the time you change your mind and go 2nd pe. To me sounds you would be adding unnecessay stuff that pepople may forget to keep changing.

And you also have online tournments where your opponent can ask you do go 1st or 2nd, it would very be anoying to go and keep changing the settings to force go 1st or 2nd.

• NxxxxVxxxx
    NxxxxVxxxx Member Posts: 6
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper

@DoubleCure

If both players want to go 1st the coin toss would decide which one starts. That wouldn't change. My point was only about being able to skip the popups in case you always choose the same option. As for different decks prefering different starting order, I thought of that and that's why I said that you would choose the prefered order on each deck profile and not on the user profile