Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Anyone else sick of the Mew VMAX obsession?

Options
Brandonusofa
Brandonusofa Member Posts: 75
First Anniversary 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees
✭✭

I have to be seeing 75% Mew VMAX decks. It's ruining the game.

Everyone is going to go darkness

Then everyone is going to go grass for anti darkness

yawn.

Comments

• MrPirate20000
    MrPirate20000 Member Posts: 17
    5 Agrees 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    ✭✭
    Options

Mew VMAX is a very strong deck and sort of "drives" itself, which is why it's so popular. I too, share a bit of a hate for this deck, but I also enjoy playing it sometimes (online, not in person ... I feel self conscious playing it in person due to the stupidly long opening turns while my opponent falls asleep).

I DO feel it is a good deck to have out there though as it gives a way for even very new players to compete at a high level. The deck is also pretty cheap thanks to the Battle League deck box being available. I think we need many more of these strong decks in battle league boxes ... yes it "kills" the market value on the V and vStar they focus on, but I think the secondary market is stupid anyway and anyone "investing" in it as a way to make real money (other than for a hobby is hurting our community).

Soapbox aside ... I would highly recommend proxy printing out one of the popular Mew VMAX decks and just playing against yourself with it some (or better yet go online against a friend and have them play the deck until you learn the ins/outs of how it works and what you need to counter it for your chosen play deck).

I have had to adjust my deck of preference many times for the changing "mew" (I like water decks so, frankly I'm about to get tanked in competitive play with SV anyway being so heavy into Lightning ... oh well .. lol).

I'd encourage you to try and look at Mew VMAX as the "easy planning" against phase. You know you're going to face it, so build in protection against it ... then try to build in some protection and planning against the Dark decks that are out there to counter Mew. You're pretty much promised you'll face one or the other, so look as it as a good guide to plan against.

Or .. .just ignore they are there and play your deck of choice and accept the fact that we'll be loosing to Mew VMAX on a regular basis and move on =) . Even with Mew counters in my deck, I still loose to Mew often (mostly due to not being a very good player), but I just smile and move on knowing that maybe my quick loss made the other players day a little better. LOL

• Bolt_Boy25
    Bolt_Boy25 Member Posts: 137
    5 Likes First Comment 5 LOLs First Answer
    ✭✭
    Options

That's the meta game for you.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,038
    5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Likes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I personally love playing Mew. Have you ever played the deck? Because it's a blast. I've played it at tournaments before and done really well. The build with Meloetta is the only way you can play it now, thanks to Spiritomb. I think The Pokémon Company printed the Fusion Strike expansion and was like, "Oh, this would be a fun deck." Then Mew gets releases and starts DOMINATING. Then The Pokémon Company is like, "Ah! We've created a monster! Kill it! Quick!" So then they print Drapion V. Then Mew adopts Path to the Peak, and Drapion essentially does nothing. Then The Pokémon Company says, "Okay, so SOMEHOW Mew still works after we set that scorpion on it. Let's destroy it even more." Then they print Spiritomb. Mew is somehow still going strong. And at this point, TPCI is probably just like, "Okay, just wait until it rotates, it can't be stopped."

• jbryaniii
    jbryaniii Member Posts: 62
    First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Options

Well, I haven’t been playing Pokemon TCG Live for very long, but for one I do think Mew VMax is overly popular. So I agree with most people on that one.