Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokemon Daggerheart Battle Royale

Lonestar85
Lonestar85 Member Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
1,500 Likes 2500 Comments 500 LOLs 500 Agrees
edited 8:43PM in Pokémon Square #1

This is purely for fun and will have no set time limit/duration. Winner will be the last Pokemon standing. If interested, please sign up below using the following format:

Name: Name you'll go as

Gender: Male or Female or genderless(if applicable)

Species: Pokemon you want. Be advised you'll be in the base form so Chimchar for Infernape. Try to refrain from using Legendary, Mythical, Paradox or Ultra-Beast. Having 700 base stats means nothing in Daggerheart but the species you pick may yield you a unique bonus based on Dex entries.

Ability: Ability your Pokemon can use(I'll adapt it for Daggerheart)

Pokemon Moves: Two moves learned by level 15 or lower in Gen 8-9 or last Generation they were involved in. I'll adapt then to Daggerheart.

Class + Subclass: Daggerheart has 9(Base set) + 4(Expansion) Classes to choose from. Each class has two Subclass paths to take. Pick one that you like from Bard, Druid, Rogue, Ranger, Seraph, Sorcerer, Warrior, and Wizard in Base set or Warlock, Witch, Brawler and Assassin in Expansion.

Traits: Each character has six Traits in Strength(noted by S), Agility(noted by A), Finesse(noted by F), Instinct(noted by I), Presence(noted by P) and Knowledge(noted by K). These traits are used during a Campaign for certain actions but the Trait that matters the most is what you'll use to cast spells(dictated by your Class via a Spellcast Trait) or Weapon Trait(aka the Trait your chosen Weapon uses). As a general rule of thumb, I recommend +2 in following Traits for following Classes: Bard(P), Druid(I), Rogue(F), Ranger(A), Seraph(S), Sorcerer(I), Guardian(S), Warrior(S or A), Wizard(K), Assassin(F), Brawler(S, A or I), Witch(K) and Warlock(P). Then apply a +1 to two Traits, +0 to two Traits and -1 to the last one of your choice. They won't likely come into play so assign them as you see fit.

Domain Cards: Each class has access to two Domains. Domains comprise of spells and abilities you can use. Pick two level 1 options available to you.

Equipment: Basically your Weapon and Armor. A player may equip a 2-hand weapon or two 1-hand options from Tier 1. The exception being the Warrior class who ignores Weapon burden(still limited to one 2-handed weapon though) and Brawler who may opt to forego a Weapon entirely(for Unarmed Strikes).

Armor can be anything from Tier 1 or you can forego Armor entirely if you take Bare Bones Domain Card in Valor Domain(available to Seraph, Guardian and Brawler).

An example character:

Name: Beira

Gender: Female

Species: Alolan Vulpix

Ability: Snow Warning

Pokemon moves: Powder Snow + Disable

Class: Sorceress

Subclass: Elemental Origin(Water)

Traits: S(-1), A(+0), F(+1), (I(+2), P(+1) and K(+0)

Domain Cards: Rune Ward(Arcana) and Unleash Chaos(Arcana)

Equipment: Dualstaff and Gambeson Armor.

If you need help in filling out a character, use Daggerheart Getting Started as a resource. It has everything you'd need for the Base set. If you pick an Expansion class, info is a bit harder to find but Demiplane is a good place to look.

You have until October 10th to sign up or roughly two weeks. On October 11th at 17:00 UTC, the battle begins. Spotlight will be granted to the first participant to show up so don't be late!

4
4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

  • oshoBug
    oshoBug Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 LOLs 500 Likes 500 Comments 250 Agrees

    name: crybaby

    gender: male

    species: wimpod

    ability: wimp out

    pokemon moves: struggle bug, defense curl

    class: warrior, call of the brave

    traits: A +2, S +1, F 0, I 0, P +1 K -1

    domain cards: i see it coming + get back up

    equipment: cutlass + tower shield, chainmail armour

    mostly a joke character, but now ive grown attached to him because i like imagining a sad pirate wimpod

  • Hades0918
    Hades0918 Member Posts: 27,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    25000 Comments 5,000 Agrees 5,000 Likes 2,500 LOLs

    I'll get Zane here later I promise

  • Lonestar85
    Lonestar85 Member Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,500 Likes 2500 Comments 500 LOLs 500 Agrees
    edited 8:47PM #4

    Got roughly two weeks. Figure this will be interesting and I'll get to be the recipient of the chaos when the battle begins. I think your friend would enjoy this no?

    Maybe D and others will join in since I'm not strict on how LONG this battle will take(so the battle can last weeks if there are enough participants and they don't take days to respond(RL has priority but I will cut you off or decide for you if it comes to that)). I won't participate though because someone has to moderate or steer the flow of chaos as best they can

  • oshoBug
    oshoBug Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 LOLs 500 Likes 500 Comments 250 Agrees
    edited 10:07PM #5

    ive made a totally serious character.. just waiting for it to be аpprоved 🫠

  • Lonestar85
    Lonestar85 Member Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,500 Likes 2500 Comments 500 LOLs 500 Agrees
    edited 11:03PM #6

    I must admit that's a good one lol. Here are your Ancestry + Pokemon moves.

    Wimp Out: When you've marked half your Hit Points(which would be three based on Class choice), your character retreats from the field, surrendering the battle to those remaining unless you have a pre-existing condition that prevents such action(ex: Mean Look or Arena Trap).

    Scavenger: Roll a D10 each time you have the spotlight. If the result is a 5 or higher, you find something on the ground you can use. Outcome can be a Potion, Berry or something useful.

    Struggle Bug: D4 +1 Magic(Bug) Damage and reduces targets Damage rolls by 1(up to a maximum of 6).

    Defense Curl: Raises Damage Thresholds by 1(up to a maximum of 6).

    Your character profile is as follows:

    Crybaby Warrior with 9(11 -2) Evasion, D8 + 1 Cutlass(Presence) and 8/16 Thresholds w/ 6 Armor Score.

    I should note that the Warrior can use a 2-H Weapon along with that Shield. Is the only Class that can so if you want to change, you got ample time to decide. It's also one of the few Classes that can use whatever Weapon they want since they have no Spellcast Trait (so a big Warhammer would be possible). Can only imagine trying to draw that lol.