Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.
[Pokémon TCG Live] Update Notice

Pokémon TCG Live is scheduled to receive an update at 17:00 (UTC) on October 6, 2026.
Please see the Version 1.43.0 - Patch Notes for more information.

Pokémon GO Feature Request: Medals for Dynamax and Gigantamax Battles

Boeca
Boeca Member Posts: 1 ✭

Hi,

I would like to suggest adding medals for Max Battles and Gigantamax Battles in Pokémon GO.

Max Battles have now been part of Pokémon GO for quite some time, and many players have completed a large number of Dynamax and Gigantamax battles. However, there still don't appear to be medals that track these achievements.

I think it would be a great addition to introduce two separate medals:

1. Max Battle Medal
Tracks the number of Max Battles won or Dynamax Pokémon defeated.

2. Gigantamax Battle Medal
Tracks the number of Gigantamax Pokémon defeated.

Both could use the usual Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum medal tiers, similar to other long-term achievements in Pokémon GO.

An important part of this would be retroactive progress. Since players have already been participating in Max Battles and Gigantamax Battles for a long time, I hope the game is already tracking these completed battles internally. If these medals are introduced, previously completed battles should count towards them rather than everyone starting again at zero.

I would also be interested to know whether medals for Max Battles and/or Gigantamax Battles are already planned for a future Pokémon GO update.

I really enjoy working towards Platinum medals, and I think medals like these would give players another long-term goal and make participation in Max and Gigantamax Battles feel more rewarding.

Questions for the Pokémon GO team:

• Are Dynamax/Max Battle medals currently planned?
• Is a separate Gigantamax medal being considered?
• Are completed Max and Gigantamax Battles already being tracked?
• If medals are added later, will our previous battles count retroactively?

Thanks for considering this suggestion!