Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Turn timer needs to be changed ASAP

Options

I just started playing this game about a week ago "competitively" on ranked mode, and this timer is absolutely horrible. I've lost a few too many games from being robbed of my turn.

(I finish most of my games with about 20 mins left, so no, I'm not one of those players who take forever between every action)

How can anyone play this competitively when you have like 10 secs between your actions to decide what your next line is. Sometimes, your lines aren't exactly clear and you have to actually think about things and how to sequence things, especially a game like Pokemon.

Coming from a competitive magic background, this is just horrible and I have no idea who the genius behind this system is. It needs to be increased by another 10 secs, or change the whole timer system to something like Magic Arena.

Comments

• Lambalazar
    Lambalazar Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes 5 LOLs 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

There’s a bug with the timer for some people right now, the turns aren’t supposed to be that short

I feel your pain though, my PC version has been unplayable because of timer issues for well over a month now

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Timer normally is like 45 seconds per action or something like that, but for some reason it seems that it only gives about 10 seconds (or sometimes even less) on some devices.

• FriendlyRaid
    FriendlyRaid Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    Options

Wait until you have the, "They played a dark pokemon and the animation eats your entire turn timer bug."

Nothing like watching someone else's turn animations, then when it's your turn, the timer started at 10 seconds and won't let you play a card. Fun stuff.

This game is an unmitigated disaster.

• RandomGuy_CDN
    RandomGuy_CDN Member Posts: 4
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

The fact that I dont want to play pokemon tcg on mobile and on my PC should not be a penalty. Migrated account over because I heard it was easier to get cards for decks I want to play. I shouldnt be punished over a bug that should have been immediately fixed as soon as it was found. This client is like when HS had the issues with Norzdomu and animations eating up peoples turn timers. What an embarrassment that this is issue still in a "Beta"

• Bornin985
    Bornin985 Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

This has been a known problem for a year.

The thing you can do is wait wait and wait.