Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Awful decomposition system And Huge card list per pack

Options

Awful decomposition system And Huge card list make casting cards very difficult.

There are only 5 cards in a card pack. One pack have 300~400 different crads, include nomal version and flash version. It's almost impossible to get more than 4 duplicate cards if you only rely on the game's gift packs.

To make matters worse, no more than 4 cards are allowed to decompose.

I have 20~40 "marnie" and "boss's order" cards. But I can not decompose anyone.

100 golden basic energy need hundreds of thousands of materials.

It's a good thing I already have them.

But in the future there will be more and more high rarity cards that I want to own and play.

Is there any economical way to get highest rarity decks?

Comments

• Sakura150612
    Sakura150612 Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes Name Dropper
    Options

You don't need to have fully blinged out decks. For the purpose of giving players access to playable decks cheaply Live is just objectively better. This game staight up gives you fully built meta decks and several cards that cost 50+ packs on Online cost only a few hundred Credits on Live. The difference is so large it's almost comical.

If your priority is to get as many SRs as possible then I've got nothing. The system is amazing as long as your priority is to actually play the game instead of stuffing as much gold into your decks as possible, but obviously you're not gonna have enough Credits to do anything if not being able to use fully blinged out decks upsets you this much.

To answer your question, it's impossible to craft cards for less than their stated price. The most you can do is to fully playset as many expansions as possible on Online, migrate, and then buy 400 codes of each of those expansions. At some point you're going to have more Credits than you can ever spend, but what I'm describing is beyond expensive. It's not too expensive to playset the commons and uncommons, but the rares cost a little more and to playset the V cards that are in high demand you'll potentially need hundreds of packs (depending on the expansion and how many you complete). Then it could cost you anywhere between 40 bucks to 240 bucks to buy 400 codes of an expansion.

So, unless you're willing to dump some serious money into buying codes and spending pretty much what time remains of Online trading for full playsets of several expansions, forget about playing fully SR'd decks (at least if your plan is to have enough Credits to continue buying playsets of every playable SR ever released from here to the future; it shouldn't be too hard to fully bling out just 1 or 2 decks if you have access to a lot of resources).

• MrRiingo
    MrRiingo Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

I don't get why they completely do away with trading, have only 5 cards in packs etc. etc.

Migrating my account was the worst decision I made, I have cards I could have traded on TCGO and built decks I wanted to play, but now I gotta use this dumb system.

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

@MrRiingo because trading was a really bad way of obtaining cards.

Having to grind 5 hours in tournaments just for one copy of a card everyone is trading for 30+ packs was a nightmare.

• Isasmallquietar
    Isasmallquietar Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    Options

@Sakura150612 400 codes of one expansion is not enough to build fully blinged out decks.

Trading system and casting system have their own advantages and disadvantages.

Bornin985 was probably just pointing out the inadequacies of the current casting system.

I don't think it makes any sense, such as 20~40 "marnie" etc.

In trading system, I can trade some with others.

Every time I open my packs, it's full of surprises.

I even felt bored and wasted time opening a pack in live.

• Sakura150612
    Options

@Isasmallquietar 400 codes of a fully playsetted expansion yields you somewhere in the ballpark of 180K Credits. Celebrations give you that much even if you own 0 cards of it because the cheapest card yields 100 Credits.

Trading was not a good way of obtaining cards. Trading was basically its own separate game; you have to figure out (either manually or with the aid of tools) what the value of each card is and then set up appropriate trades. Being able to recognize good public trades among the endless sea of scams, and snatching them before anyone else, was also a useful skill. If you were good at it, it was even kind of fun. But the problem still remains that:

1) To even trade in the first place, you need to have tradable cards and packs, and winning events was the only way of obtaining those (other than the 16 KO challenge). F2P Players had very little to look forward to because it could take them hours and hours of grinding VS Ladder and Theme Events to barely have enough packs to trade for a single card of a competitive deck. Speaking of which...

2) While finding random commons is just about as easy in both games, there's no comparison to be made when it comes to high-demand cards. Sometimes you have to play 3 or 4 of a card that costs upwards of 20 packs a piece, but Live either gives them all to you for free or charges you a couple thosuand Credits.

And these are problems that are true even for people who know how to trade. If you don't, good luck dodging all the scams and actually getting the things that you need. Crafting lets you obtain your cards in a far less convoluted fashion that requires much less knowledge and time investment. I won't claim that crafting is perfect, but it's a significant upgrade from trading; this is specially true for F2P players and new players who would otherwise not own many (or any) tradable items to even use the trading system in the first place.

• Bornin985
    Bornin985 Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

@Sakura150612 400 code can get 180K? 450 per code. Why didn't I get that much?

• Sakura150612
    Options

@Bornin985 Ahh, that's my bad, it looks like put an extra 1 for no reason. For most expansions it's somewhere around 80K to 90K if you have the the expansion fully playsetted. Celebrations is the only exception as far as I can tell, which yeilds over 180K even if you have no cards of the expansion. If you don't own a playset of everything, most expansions give like 30K, which in fact isn't enough to buy several SRs.

• Bornin985
    Bornin985 Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

The development team should modify the decomposition.

Hearthstone is a good example.